Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB)

Go Back   Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB) > Double Basses > Bows (and Rosin etc)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-22-2007, 12:28 PM
Junior Posting Member

Charles Arms is on a distinguished road
Default Loveri Bow

Since this is Ken's place, I think it is appropriate that we start a thread to share experiences with Ken's Loveri bows.

My bow is the Loveri, not the "C. Loveri," which is Ken's higher grade stick.

I have been playing my Loveri for a couple of months now. I used it for the Christmas production stuff that I did and have been practicing with it almost exclusively. In fact, my "main" bow, a old Roth Shop bow, is not getting much playing time these days at all.

I really enjoy playing this bow. It is very balanced and responsive. It starts as well as any bow I have ever played. It plays well all the way to the tip.

The short frog took some time to acclimate to, but I actually have modified my hold a bit to get my middle finger more on the outer edge of the slide. This has given me overall less tension in my hold and really a more comfortable hold.

The bow is very loud and powerful as well. I am unsure of how much to attribute to the black hair and how much is the bow. Although, it makes sense that the hair can only do so much.

The tone of the bow is pretty agressive. My other bow does produce a more mellow, sweeter solo tone. But this comes at the cost of less power and volume.

So, if you shopping the Loveri price point, I would really encourage you to investigate these bows. The compete very favorably, IMO.

Last edited by Charles Arms; 01-22-2007 at 03:44 PM.