Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB)

Go Back   Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB) > Double Basses > This Old Bass > Yankee and Vintage American Basses

Old 03-30-2009, 05:28 AM
Posting Member

Paul Warburton is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Kenny Boy meets Hawkeye and the Bohmann.

Kenny Boy meets Hawkeye and the Bohmann.

www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=210742 (Including the famous Warburton nostril shot.)

Last edited by Paul Warburton; 03-30-2009 at 05:48 AM.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:24 AM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Default well now..

Paul, I link to that Thread as well in my intro here; http://www.smithbassforums.com/showthread.php?t=5

For those of you that didn't know, the closing of the Yankee thread on TB was the reason I was Banned. Not really because they closed it but the argument with the mods that followed. Mainly Chris F. who I told straight out what I thought of his actions as well as his other Mod Damon R. It was actually John T. who closed it but mainly because of some bull over there that was stirred up by Upton. This is not finger pointing here, it is fact.

Someone actually shared a private message with me he received from ERoy (Eric Rene Roy, also a member here, watching me..) that read "I did this to teach Ken Smith a lesson".. Well, if I need a lesson, I will go to a qualified Bass person. Did you see their latest Ebay bass ads? Under the title of the Bass up for sale it says 'Call the Bass Experts at.." and the phone number is theirs? Is it call forwarded to a real Bass Expert? I highly doubt that. Unless I fell asleep for 50 years and just woke up, when did anyone at Upton become a 'Bass Expert'? I guess if you play a guitar and are 101% clueless to what a Double Bass even is, they might look like experts to a blind person. Please, list the top 'serious' DB shops in the country and ask this of professional Bass players. See how many (if any) even mention Upton as being able to rub shoulders with that crowd. Hey, sorry for the rant here but Paul lit the match unknowingly.

Upton posted a Thread about a Bass and a POLL if or not it was a real Prescott that needed major surgery and restoration work and brought the attention of the Mods yet a second time. Their original self-started thread was closed down by the Mods after they realized it was 100% commercial in nature as it was a 'for sale' bass in need of repairs on their website. I had started an Earlier thread about my 3/4 Bohemian Bass trying to ID a Label written in Czech. A Czech national came up on like and gave us all a lesson about his native school or making and translated the Label as well. TB DELETED, not just closed but actually deleted my Thread because Upton complained to them that it was Commercial in nature. So childish.. Look mommy, look mommy, that man over there looks bad... lol

Maybe they were looking at Paul?.. lol lol.. .. kidding..

Anyway, the Prescott/Yankee thread over there was claimed in the end to have been 'commercial' in nature because I owned a Prescott Bass and then sold it so that makes me commercial. They forgot about the history lesson I gave about the old Yankee Basses and the fact that dozens of TB members had contributed as well with Yankee basses of their own on display or Basses to ID. This thread had well over 400 posts and it was only the last few that built and fueled a fire that was not even a spark the day before. Someone re-posted this Upton Yankee bass to ID it on MY thread after the Upton thread was Deleted by the Mods. Because they stunk up my GOOD history thread, TB Mods closed it and kept is closed despite my argument.

My Banning was the result of the fight I put up to keep the Thread open and alive. I did not hold back any personal opinions of the Mods involved and used explicit adult language in private messages back and forth with mainly Chris. The Ban read 'forever'. TB is a commercial 'censored' forum.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:43 AM
Posting Member

Thumbs down Holy ****.

Jeesh. Thanks for ALL the info. Actually, I was going to ask you to tell me about that. EVENTUALLY.
BUT, what I was REALLY goin' for was another shot at the ladies here.
What with the links to the pics of the Bohmann and MYOWNSELF, (especially the nostril shot) I thought I might stir up some action.
You DID tell me you had some ladies over here...dint cha? WELL, where the hell ARE they? I don't think I believe you.

As ALWAYS, you think it's ALL about YOU. When anybody in their right mind KNOWS it's all about ME!!!

I should have titled the damn thread....Kenny Boy VERSUS Hawkeye.
Your EGO against my EGO. Stalemate? (or is mine bigger? my ego, I mean) Ha! That oughta get some ladies attention. With my luck, you prolly only got ONE 85 year old ***** who plays a Kay. (with smiley-face position markers). You know how I hate that ****.

Last edited by Paul Warburton; 03-30-2009 at 06:57 AM.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:23 AM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Question The ladies?

Well Paul, why not scan thru the member list and send a few PMs out to the ones with Female names?.. lol

No, don't do that..

Maybe, post a singles AD in the Bull Pit..

I know one female member is still in School and a few others are young adults. One was a mom looking to help her son or daughter and a few others here. The problem is that with the male dominant chatting style, it doesn't look all that attractive for them to join in on the fun which for them, may not be so much fun.

Maybe we need some lady-to-lady type threads so us guys can sit back and see just how they talk? I mean.. YOU Guys..

Hey, I'm a married man here so leave me out of your bar-hoppin' hunt Mr. W.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:06 AM
Posting Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Smith View Post
Well Paul, why not scan thru the member list and send a few PMs out to the ones with Female names?.. lol

No, don't do that..

Maybe, post a singles AD in the Bull Pit..

I know one female member is still in School and a few others are young adults. One was a mom looking to help her son or daughter and a few others here. The problem is that with the male dominant chatting style, it doesn't look all that attractive for them to join in on the fun which for them, may not be so much fun.

Maybe we need some lady-to-lady type threads so us guys can sit back and see just how they talk? I mean.. YOU Guys..

Hey, I'm a married man here so leave me out of your bar-hoppin' hunt Mr. W.
Since you don't seem to have that "Multi-Quote" feature over here, like some bass forums I know, I'll do my best.
I did, in fact, scan the members list for that very reason. I REALLY did. Dead end though...the one or two that might have been possibilites, had such strange names that I couldn't tell the genders. Things are a bit rough, I admit, but NOT so rough that I would take a chance on hitting on an ugly 6'4" psyhco-billy picker from Siberia with a bad atitude.
The one you mention that's still in school....interesting. The "young adults"....cool. The mom with the "son or daughter in school"....mom? No prob. Son? Not quite yet. Maybe later. Daughter? NICE!
That "LADY-TO-LADY" one you mention MAY WORK...Big-Time. Hey, we're ALL bass players here.

PS....Hey, Mike...what say we together and try to get the old man to pop for that "Multi-Quote" deal? I know I just came back and don't want to be pushy...but really..........
Old 03-30-2009, 09:31 AM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Exclamation Oooook___

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Warburton View Post
I did, in fact, scan the members list for that very reason. I REALLY did. Dead end though...the one or two that might have been possibilites, had such strange names that I couldn't tell the genders. Things are a bit rough, I admit, but NOT so rough that I would take a chance on hitting on an ugly 6'4" psyhco-billy picker from Siberia with a bad atitude.
Paul, that Siberian thing sounds like JUST what the Doctor ordered..

I will set up a date with you two. When you hear that KNOCK on your door, and IF the door doesn't' come off the hinges, try acting 'normal' at first.. It might help tame the beast and bring out the beauty..lol

Best of luck to you Paul and thanks for playing 'The Dating Game'..
Old 03-30-2009, 12:49 PM
Posting Member

What's 'normal'?
Old 03-30-2009, 01:15 PM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Wink well..

Quote:
What's 'normal'?
I am sure that Siberian Husky will let you know when you're out of line..

Some Husky's have been known to bite the hand that feeds them so be careful where you touch..
Old 03-30-2009, 02:22 PM
Posting Member

Thumbs up

LOL! Triple purfled Maggini!!!! LOL!! LOL! 7/8? Not a chance! LOL!!!!!!!
Old 03-31-2009, 08:33 AM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Lightbulb well now..

Quote:
LOL! Triple purfled Maggini!!!! LOL!! LOL! 7/8? Not a chance! LOL!!!!!!!
I think you misunderstood the title of this Thread. It is NOT 'THE' Yankee and 'His' Vintage American Basses. It's Yankee and Vintage American Basses.

It's just the Basses Paul, not Yankee people..
Old 03-31-2009, 09:22 AM
Posting Member

Thumbs down

Yank-Off.
LOL!