Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB)

Go Back   Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB) > Welcome To SmithBassForums

Old 01-21-2007, 09:59 PM
Administrator

Mike Smith is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Current Forum Development

I'm going to be using this thread to report exactly what is going on as far as forum development is concerned. I'd also like to see some feedback so I can see whether or not the users are happy with what's going on

What we're working on right now is changing up the current theme or "style" of the page. The theme we've got on here right now is vBulletin's standard theme that comes with vB so hopefully by the end of next week we'll have a new style that reflects ksb and ken's corner in full color Stay Tuned!

If your having any issues/suggestions with either this or the main site, either pm or email me and I'll get back to you on that.

Can't find something on the main page or the forum? Try our new KSB Site Search.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:28 PM
Administrator

If you guys haven't noticed, the forums were down mostly this morning due to some web server database problems but, as you can tell, everything is good now

Now excuse me while I empty out about 100 emails from my inbox in response from the vB software on the database problems we had earlier.

On the note of forum skins/themes, I've been working on this, just haven't finalized a design yet. So, be patient

If your having any issues/suggestions with either this or the main site, either pm or email me and I'll get back to you on that.

Can't find something on the main page or the forum? Try our new KSB Site Search.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:42 PM
Administrator

Cool Avatars Now Enabled!

After talking a bit with Tim Bishop, seems as if custom user avatars were never enabled, well, now they are!

Adding an Avatar:

If you have an image you would like to use for your avatar, here is how you can do do. Assuming you are logged in, you can click on User CP. When there, you will see a link for Edit Avatar. Once there, you should see something similar to this:

What you can then do is, select the Use Custom Avatar radio button and proceed by either entering the location (url) of the file hosted on the web, or by browsing for the file on your computer.

These rules are subject to change in the future, but for now they will be as follows:
  • There will be no usage of annoying animations as an Avatar.
  • Avatars must be appropriate, which goes along with the first rule.
  • Avatars used will be no greater than 80 x 80. (shouldn't have to worry about this though)
If we find your avatar to break a rule, it will be removed after a notification from us on its removal along with a reason stating why it was removed.

Old 03-08-2007, 01:15 AM
Senior Posting Member

Tim Bishop is on a distinguished road

Working great now, Mike! Thank you!
Old 03-10-2007, 08:08 PM
Administrator

If you guys still haven't added an avatar, please do! Take a picture of your bass, or yourself, or even your favorite artist if that's what you want up there.

SMITH BASS FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Forums will be temporarily down for maintenance later tonight around 9-10PM EST. We are getting rid of our original hosting provider for our main domain, kensmithbasses.com and switching it to the same host providing us with smithbassforums.com. Our old host was very expensive and the new host is on a whole new level, while keeping prices at a minimum, so please bear with us while we are making these changes...

Forums Back Up

This procedure took much longer than expected.. but everything is all good now, enjoy

Last edited by Ken Smith; 04-26-2007 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Forums Back Up
Old 03-11-2007, 10:08 PM
Senior Posting Member

Thanks Mike! I was having Forum withdrawals last night. This really is not good for my insomnia!
Old 03-21-2007, 08:00 PM
Administrator

Default Rep Points

Reputation Points

Most likely not many of you have noticed the reputation point system we have here on our forum. For every time you have someone help you out, or posts some intelligent information, be a good thing to return to them some rep points. On the other hand, if you felt that someone was being rude or inappropriate, you can also give them negative reputation, with a reason if you wish, which is viewable only by the recipient. To give people reputation points, you can click the "scale" icon as highlighted in this image, located just above a members join date and location:

You can see how many points someone has by looking at the green bar, shown under the post count, which will expand as more points are added towards a members name. It would be great if we started taking advantage of this feature

Old 03-21-2007, 08:14 PM
Senior Posting Member

Cool Monitoring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Smith View Post
Reputation Points

Most likely not many of you have noticed the reputation point system we have here on our forum. For every time you have someone help you out, or posts some intelligent information, be a good thing to return to them some rep points. On the other hand, if you felt that someone was being rude or inappropriate, you can also give them negative reputation, with a reason if you wish, which is viewable only by the recipient. To give people reputation points, you can click the "scale" icon as highlighted in this image, located just above a members join date and location:

You can see how many points someone has by looking at the green bar, shown under the post count, which will expand as more points are added towards a members name. It would be great if we started taking advantage of this feature
Mike, this is great! Do you have the ability to correct unwarranted negatives?

Old 03-21-2007, 09:01 PM
Administrator

Not automatically, but if someone abuses the feature by, sending a ton of random negatives towards people, I do have the power to correct their number of points if need be.

Old 06-04-2008, 11:21 PM
Administrator

Recently just decided that I'd "finalize" the first theme I began working on here. It was one which personally I did not have much favor of but the 'bossman' seems to like it and some of you may too. You can view the new theme by scrolling to the button of any page and selecting Ken's Choice *NEW* from the quick style changer menu

not too different, basically the same thing, just a couple different images that you may or may not like. If you have any comments or suggestions, give em here or PM me. With school coming to a close, I should have more time for site (main and forum) updates so you should begin to hear from me a bit more than the past few months

Old 10-12-2008, 03:20 AM
Administrator

Default New Version

The Forum has updated so if anybody notices any issues that have arose since tonight, please let me know via PM if possible. Still got some template issues to work out, hopefully none of you notice anything Important update has included a new user registration system that should effectively weed out automatic 'bot' members which we've been getting a lot of lately.