Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB)

Go Back   Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB) > Welcome To SmithBassForums

Old 04-26-2007, 11:49 AM
Senior Posting Member

Bob Faulkner is on a distinguished road

Nice logo Steve! Just clean up the edges a little more and that would be great! My plan was to spend some more time on them and either terminate each end with a brass nut, or to simply fade the ends to transparency so it will blend in with whatever they change the background to in the future.

Ken, would it be possible to get a good resolution picture of a plank of ebony, or an unlined ebony finderboard with the camera angle perpendicular to the plane of the board?

My band's site:
Delusional Mind
Old 04-26-2007, 12:00 PM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up good resolution pic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Faulkner View Post
Nice logo Steve! Just clean up the edges a little more and that would be great! My plan was to spend some more time on them and either terminate each end with a brass nut, or to simply fade the ends to transparency so it will blend in with whatever they change the background to in the future.

Ken, would it be possible to get a good resolution picture of a plank of ebony, or an unlined ebony finderboard with the camera angle perpendicular to the plane of the board?
Not sure on the Pic. Why don't you guys make up your own Logo and put it in your signature like I did mine. Don't forget that the Double Bass needs to be in there to for my taste. After awhile if we pick a winner there may be a prize for creating the Logo. With the way you guys post, I like the variety of different ideas in the signature. So it's not just a contest but a private club to logo it as you see it fits your personal needs.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:22 PM
Posting Member

Steve_M is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Nice logo Steve! Just clean up the edges a little more and that would be great!
Cheers! Yours took 15 minutes, mine took 30 The photography says warm, organic, smooth and sexy - just like the basses.

BTW: Ken, the img tags are disabled in signatures and there's no upload function so no-one can post these logos there.

Last edited by Steve_M; 04-26-2007 at 03:48 PM.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:50 PM
Senior Posting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_M View Post
Cheers! Yours took 15 minutes, mine took 30 The photography says warm, organic, smooth and sexy - just like the basses.
I actually like yours more than mine.. You've inspired me to make a new one this weekend

My band's site:
Delusional Mind
Old 04-26-2007, 04:20 PM
Posting Member

Quote:
I actually like yours more than mine.. You've inspired me to make a new one this weekend
Sir, you flatter me indeed! Good luck for this weekend!
Old 04-26-2007, 05:17 PM
Posting Member

As a complete contrast, here's one I did last Saturday for Basstalk. Not sure how long Basstalk is going to be around but I got a sense of satisfaction out of putting something together. The players are Robert Trujillo and Billy Sheehan because they've got the most dramatic poses but I've replaced their heads with speakers to avoid any issues over using their likenesses. The speaker on Billy Sheehans head is my very own Yammy HS50 because I couldn't find one at the right angle on the internet. The theme was thunder and lightning and power (again for drama and to express the feelings associated with loud bass) and for laughs I stuck a pair of singing bass in the corner. Would have liked them to be singing scales (fish scales - geddit?) but its Bach instead, I think.

Then it got duo toned (so we can match it to a web safe colour scheme) and I reintroduced some coarseness to make the differences in resolution between the photographic images less obvious through using a posterisation filter.

Last edited by Steve_M; 04-26-2007 at 05:27 PM.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:39 PM
Senior Posting Member

nice.. in keeping with the theme of lightning and power, here is a promo pic I made for my brother to appear on the band's website and in the cd jacket.

My band's site:
Delusional Mind