Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB)

Go Back   Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB) > New Forum Member Introductions

Old 02-11-2007, 08:46 PM
Administrator

Mike Smith is on a distinguished road
Default Mike Smith - Forum Admin :)

My names Michael Smith and live in the town of Perkasie, PA which is also where the factory [flashearth.com] is located in which we make the basses. I currently go to Pennridge HS where I maintain around a 3.6 GPA, currently taking an honors pre-calc class and an ap computer science course, both of which I'm doing good in.

As far as my Bass playing experience goes, I've played upright in the school orchestra for about 4 years or so, and also played in my middle school's jazz band for a couple of years focusing on electric. As I transitioned into the High School, I haven't played much bass and moved on into technology, a passion of mine since 7th grade or so.

I received an Xbox game console Christmas '02 which was probably my real push into the world of 1's and 0's. Sometime in '04, I found an article from G4's TechTV Screensavers about modifying the xbox to do things unheard of from a closed box console system. This lurred me in, and 1 year later, after tons of research on sites like Xbox-Scene, I was ready to go ahead and hack the xbox I continued the Xbox endeavor for a few more years, keeping different software up to date on there, looking for the latest games to put on there, new builds of gentoox linux to upgrade to, until I finally took all my knowledge of what I've done on the Xbox, into the PC world, which is where I reside in today

I started web design sometime in 8th grade which is when I had a teacher who just didn't know how to make web pages himself. Me being the self teaching kind of guy, took it upon myself to figure out how stuff worked, put together a pretty nice halo 2 mods website which the teacher actually didn't think I created on my own..

Gaming being a hobby of mine, I decided to get a more powerful computer capable of the latest games which is when I also began working on another site gus-gamers.com, take a look at the footer for the copyright with my name . Counter-Strike being my game of choice, I also learned how to do some map creation which involves working with 3D objects and such using the hammer editor and in some cases 3dsmax.

In the mix of things, I got a book on php programming which, to this day, haven't actually finished, maybe this summer I'll get into it. I took an intro to programming class last year in school which is a programming class in the language of Visual Basic .NET which I really liked and my final project in the class was an accounting application, which was never close to being finished, but I had thousands of lines of code in there and was one of the more complex apps made out of the class. This year I'm taking an AP Computer Science course which is more focused on the theory of programming and is a much higher level class, I like it even more though, and we use Java as our test language.

In the future I plan to get to know other languages such as C/C++ along with getting some php and MySQL knowledge but really what I'm interested in is hardware architecture and design, as in microprocessor creation For this reason, I'm going to be taking a lot of physics and chemistry classes (along with the calculus math courses) in the next 2 years before I graduate so I can get into a decent college for Engineering, most likely Electrical, with maybe a minor in Computer Science or something like that.

That's a little bit about myself I was a bit rushed in writing this up so I made add/edit some of the above later, maybe add some pics of my console or my computer sometime later, which is definitely worth showing

If your having any issues/suggestions with either this or the main site, either pm or email me and I'll get back to you on that.

Can't find something on the main page or the forum? Try our new KSB Site Search.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:29 AM
Senior Posting Member

Tim Bishop is on a distinguished road

Go for it Mike!
Old 03-08-2007, 02:08 AM
Senior Posting Member

Richard Prowse is on a distinguished road

Yes, good work!
Old 03-14-2007, 12:07 PM
Senior Posting Member

Tim Bishop is on a distinguished road

Mike, any new updates related to UserCP?