Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB)

Go Back   Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB) > The Bull Pit

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-29-2009, 09:08 PM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Smile Happy Days..

Ladies & Gents, I know that most people around these parts and all parts for that matter are experiencing economic difficulties beyond our own control. What I would like to do here in this Thread is the exact opposite of dwelling on this bad situation and focus on the good things that happen from day to day.

Call this the 'Good News' thread with personal stories of success and happy times regardless of how big or small it may seem.

So, to start things off I will post a few personal things to get the ball rolling and maybe set the pace.

This month started off sluggish business wise but in the 3rd week we had some good sales. Not enough to get over the top but a good sign none the less. Then, a few days ago some more orders came in and put us back on track to finish up with a good month as far as the numbers we need to cover expenses and such.

On the personal side, the Big English Gamba bass I waited 5 years to hear a single note from came through its long extensive and expensive restoration a few weeks back but something was not right and the Neck was just too big and chunky for me. On the Neck part I took matters into my own hands knowing that Jeff Bollbach would match up the Heel varnish when he did the new C-Extension for me. The other problem was a Buzz coming from the lower bout Top on the G side near the Tailpiece. Well, Jeff found a few things that were rattled loose and the Buzz is now gone. Tomorrow I will actually pick up the Bass and hear it again but with its thunder providing lows from the new Bollbach Chromatic Extension. This to me is happier news than heaving a good month in the Shop.

So, post some Happy Days here in this Thread and maybe it will help ease the pain as we get through this long slow recession..