Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB)

Go Back   Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB) > New Forum Member Introductions

Old 12-28-2008, 12:03 PM
Posting Member

Jeremy Darrow is on a distinguished road
Default Hi from Nashville

Hello everyone, my name is Jeremy Darrow and I live in Nashville, Tennessee. I studied Jazz formally, but shortly out of school found myself playing the Bluegrass and related string-band musics that I had grown up listening to, prompting an eventual move from Philadelphia to Nashville just over a year ago. I teach, study, perform occasionally on sessions and tour and record with a band called The Dixie Bee-Liners.
Old 12-28-2008, 01:44 PM
Senior Posting Member

Oren Hudson is on a distinguished road

Welcome Jeremy - Have you had grits with your breakfast yet? See the dialogue on my recent thread as a new member. Nashville is one of my favorite places to visit.

See ya,
Oren
Old 12-28-2008, 02:28 PM
Posting Member

Thanks Oren, I lived in Durham NC before I moved to Philly, and my mom is from north Florida. So, I've never been a stranger to grits, collard greens blackeye peas, etc. I've actually found myself eating more Thai food here than I ever had before. Believe it or not, good Thai is easier to find here than good barbecue.

Jeremy
Old 12-28-2008, 03:33 PM
Senior Posting Member

Richard Prowse is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oren Hudson View Post
Welcome Jeremy - Have you had grits with your breakfast yet? See the dialogue on my recent thread as a new member. Nashville is one of my favorite places to visit.

See ya,
Oren
Hi Jeremy,
I'll have to get Oren to give me a recipe for those Grits, so that I can be the first Wainuiomartian to eat the dish!
I've really got into listening to Bluegrass lately - even thinking of getting something Newgrass going down here (NZ).
Ciao
Richard
Old 12-28-2008, 05:27 PM
Junior Posting Member

Trix Miller is on a distinguished road

Howdy Jeremy,
If you find yourself toting a bass through the alley running between the backside of the Lower Broadway honky tonks and the side artist entrance to the Ryman Auditorium, then you have made a true rite of passage!
Old 04-07-2009, 02:05 AM
Junior Posting Member

Arturo Baguer is on a distinguished road

Hey Jeremy
Do you play with the Dixie Bee Liners? Did a couple of gigs with Brandi and Buddy in Atlanta just before they went to record the album when they got signed. Great folk.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:38 AM
Posting Member

Dave Martin is on a distinguished road

Howdy, Jeremy!
You might try Mary's Pit Bar-B-Que on Jefferson Street. Daylight hours are best....
Old 04-07-2009, 01:25 PM
Posting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturo Baguer View Post
Hey Jeremy
Do you play with the Dixie Bee Liners? Did a couple of gigs with Brandi and Buddy in Atlanta just before they went to record the album when they got signed. Great folk.
Hi Arturo,

I do play with the 'Bee-Liners. In fact, Buddy and Brandi are staying at my house right now while they're mixing our next record. They are great folks and terrific people to work with.

Dave, I'll be sure to check out Mary's soon. The last couple of times I went to a well-known spot on broadway, it tasted like they'd been using old telephone poles in the pits. Thanks for the tip, I could do with a change.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:24 PM
Posting Member

Dave Martin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Darrow View Post
Hi Arturo,

I do play with the 'Bee-Liners. In fact, Buddy and Brandi are staying at my house right now while they're mixing our next record. They are great folks and terrific people to work with.

Dave, I'll be sure to check out Mary's soon. The last couple of times I went to a well-known spot on broadway, it tasted like they'd been using old telephone poles in the pits. Thanks for the tip, I could do with a change.
The barbecue from that 'well known spot' on lower broadway tastest nasty to me... That's probably why we usually go to Jim and Nick's if we don't go to Mary's..