Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB)

Go Back   Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB) > Double Basses > Double Bass Talk in General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-03-2010, 01:25 PM
Posting Member

Brian Glassman is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Arnold's new 'Time Zone' Bass

I've been like the cat who ate the canary keeping this under my hat, but now it can be told.

I am honored that our most esteemed Arnold has asked me to Beta test his new and highly awaited New Standard 'Time Zone' RN bass!

I'll be putting it through it's paces on The Johnny Rodgers Band Jazz at Lincoln Center/State Dept. Rhythm Road tour of S. Asia next month. Our itinerary here

A light weight, hybrid, REAL DB w/ a removable neck. It sports Arnold's specially designed scroll w/ reduced size to cut down on weight.

It's size you might say is somewhere between a 5/8 and a 3/4 w/ a 41 inch string length.

I've been helping develope the flight case for it and we have high hopes that the whole package will come out to be under 50 lbs!

It plays and feels great w/ plenty of growl and unexpected power for a little bass. At first blush response seems to be good too w/ Spiro Mitts on it.
Under the ear it didn't sound too bright as I had expected a newer small bass would, but when I heard Arnold play it from accross the room it even sounded richer.

I'll be posting more soon, but for now check these pics.
AS NS Time Zone RN DB