Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB)

Go Back   Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB) > Electric Basses > Smith Basses, Handmade

Old 09-17-2007, 07:07 PM
Junior Posting Member

Harry Bridge is on a distinguished road
Default some questions

Hi everybody, I'm new here (my forum intro is here), and I have been enjoying exploring kensmithbasses.com and the forums here. I'm considering buying a Ken Smith, and instead of bugging Ken directly I thought I'd ask some questions here first. (By the way, I think it's really cool that the President/Owner personally answers emails, participates in the forum, etc.!)

First of all, what does "solid body wings" mean? Some of the basses at the "in stock" section of the website say this. My first image is that this is in contrast to "hollow wings", but on closer inspection maybe it means that the wings are one piece, as opposed to being 3-piece, 7-piece, etc.? What kind of difference does this make?

Second, do any of you have the series/parallel switches installed? I found the FAQ dealing with them so I know what they do, but do you find them useful?

Finally, do the series/parallel switches still work when the bass is in passive mode?

Thanks in advance!