Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB)

Go Back   Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB) > Double Basses > Luthier's Corner

Old 09-18-2008, 06:45 PM
Junior Posting Member

Carlos Henriquez is on a distinguished road
Default Jeff Bollbach is a great Luthier!!

For those out there that do not know Jeff Bollbach, he is the baddest Luthier in the world!! I've known Jeff for about 15 years of my life playing bass. I met him when I was 15 1/2 years old, and was recommended by John Sheafer to see him I needed work done on the fingerboard on my juzek and no one but Jeff was kind enough to help a young High School kid. The quality of work and his craftsmanship has given me the understanding of learning how to see things and determine issues with basses before anything is ever done to them. Every bass I've ever owned, he has transformed them into the best sounding instrument around.. From the cheapest bass to the most expensive bass out their, he has treated them with care and respect!!! If any of you kats are interested in checking his work, go to his website JeffBollbach.com
PS.
I vote for Jeff Bollbach to become our next Bass President
Old 09-18-2008, 07:23 PM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up +1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos Henriquez View Post
For those out there that do not know Jeff Bollbach, he is the baddest Luthier in the world!! I've known Jeff for about 15 years of my life playing bass. I met him when I was 15 1/2 years old, and was recommended by John Sheafer to see him I needed work done on the fingerboard on my juzek and no one but Jeff was kind enough to help a young High School kid. The quality of work and his craftsmanship has given me the understanding of learning how to see things and determine issues with basses before anything is ever done to them. Every bass I've ever owned, he has transformed them into the best sounding instrument around.. From the cheapest bass to the most expensive bass out their, he has treated them with care and respect!!! If any of you kats are interested in checking his work, go to his website JeffBollbach.com
PS.
I vote for Jeff Bollbach to become our next Bass President
I give the +1 with the equal mention to a few others as well that I have had work done by. Either way, Jeff is one of the best out there. He did a fantastic job Restoring my Loveri and my Bisiach labeled Basses. Both Basses which were very playable before getting repaired were even better tonally as well after he worked on them. He did such a great job that they were both sold shortly after.

Compliments go to Arnold as well who is very close to Jeff personally and professionally .. (not that close guys.. I hear the snickering.. but more like Peas and Carrots.. lol). Arnold has restored several Basses for me as well that jumped out the door shortly after I had them back for a short break-in period.

With standards held as high by professional Bass Luthiers like Jeff and Arnold (as well as Nick Lloyd and Arnold's former apprentice Jed Kriegel) the big shops that practice less integrity than deserved should take a few lessons from these guys.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:22 PM
Junior Posting Member

Amen to that Kenny!!! You're absolutely right !!! Great words!! Listen, Who was first in restoring basses Jeff,Arnold,Jed or Nick? You have 3 life line papa!! You can also phone a friend to see if they give you the right answer. Let us know!!! I think the order will be

Jeff
Arnold
Nick
Jed
Old 09-18-2008, 09:51 PM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos Henriquez View Post
Amen to that Kenny!!! You're absolutely right !!! Great words!! Listen, Who was first in restoring basses Jeff,Arnold,Jed or Nick? You have 3 life line papa!! You can also phone a friend to see if they give you the right answer. Let us know!!! I think the order will be

Jeff
Arnold
Nick
Jed
Humm.. Jeff, Arnold, Nick and Jed.. in that order
Old 09-18-2008, 10:48 PM
Posting Member

Phil Maneri is on a distinguished road

Thats a big pile of badass wood doctors right there.

Phil Maneri
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Fifth Avenue Fret Shop
Columbus, OH USA
Old 09-20-2008, 10:23 PM
Junior Posting Member

Jeff Bollbach is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Maneri View Post
Thats a big pile of badass wood doctors right there.
Phil- if you take out the words- bad, wood, and doctors you'd be more accurate.
Actually I think the only reason Carlos is blowing smoke up my badass is he feels guilty for doing a master class at Gage in the city.
Carlos-How'd that go?
Old 09-21-2008, 12:57 AM
Junior Posting Member

Talking

Hahahah!!! It went well, thanks for asking. I had about 35 people and a lot of online sign-in. Hey Jeff, I posted this thread to let others know how much of a bad mother------ you are, I mean Bad-ass!!! Anyway, enough bragging on your part!! How are you doing? Whats the ETA on that Graft? hahahehe just joking!! JUST A QUICK NOTE FOR THOSE ON THIS SITE!!! KEEP A GOOD EYE ON JEFF AND TAKE GOOD CARE OF HIM!! HE'S MY HOMEBOY!!!

PEACE....
Old 09-21-2008, 02:27 AM
Posting Member

Phil Maneri is on a distinguished road

There are days when I could use a big pile of ass.

Phil Maneri
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Fifth Avenue Fret Shop
Columbus, OH USA
Old 09-21-2008, 02:21 PM
Junior Posting Member

Talking

hahahahha, me three!!!!
Old 09-23-2008, 10:29 AM
Posting Member

Brian Glassman is on a distinguished road

Me 4. He's a badboy to be sure (let's not pile on any more ass ).

Jeff has tweaked my Prescott's fb to perfection, put life saving bumpers on it and w/ my German's new tuners, carbon graphite rod and new fb, that bass plays and sounds better than ever in all the 22 years I've owned it.

A true Master.

BG