Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB)

Go Back   Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB) > Electric Basses > Woods, Electronics, & Components

Old 09-25-2007, 02:43 PM
Senior Posting Member

Bob Faulkner is on a distinguished road
Default bent pot

Well, during rehearsal this past Sunday I caught the bass tone knob of my Smith on the corner of a cubical wall as I was squeezing by it. It bent the pole piece in the pot. It still works, but I had to reposition the knob higher on the pole so it wouldn't rub the face of the bass, and it looks bad having a knob that is noticeably crooked.

Anyway, Ken, what would it cost me to send it in for replacement? I haven't opened the back up to look at what's involved but I'm decent with an iron if needed. Is that pot mounted to a pc board or free floating? In either case, if it's something that is easily replaced, how much would it be for just the pot, or the pot and board it's mounted to if that's how it's available.

This bass is a 2001, 9V model

Thanks!

My band's site:
Delusional Mind
Old 09-25-2007, 03:01 PM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb decent with an iron ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Faulkner View Post
Well, during rehearsal this past Sunday I caught the bass tone knob of my Smith on the corner of a cubical wall as I was squeezing by it. It bent the pole piece in the pot. It still works, but I had to reposition the knob higher on the pole so it wouldn't rub the face of the bass, and it looks bad having a knob that is noticeably crooked.

Anyway, Ken, what would it cost me to send it in for replacement? I haven't opened the back up to look at what's involved but I'm decent with an iron if needed. Is that pot mounted to a pc board or free floating? In either case, if it's something that is easily replaced, how much would it be for just the pot, or the pot and board it's mounted to if that's how it's available.

This bass is a 2001, 9V model

Thanks!
Great, I'll send you some shirts..

Look inside the Bass! The repair now is less than the cost of a new circuit. Make a mistake trying to fix it yourself and it wont be! We usually use re-built circuits with the same as new warranty but charge less than half the price of a new circuit to do the job.

Please call here and talk to John. This is not really forum type business and I won't 'hear' you unless I happen to come on line and see your post.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:10 PM
Senior Posting Member

Tim Bishop is on a distinguished road
Cool decent with an iron......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Faulkner View Post
I'm decent with an iron if needed. Thanks!
Who needs ironing! Do you do windows?