Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB)

Go Back   Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB) > Electric Basses > Amps, etc. [BG]

Old 08-05-2007, 07:02 PM
Senior Posting Member

Albert Smith is on a distinguished road
Cool Eden Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Michaels View Post
I use Eden period. My rig consist of the following mixxed and matched depending on the situation.
WT550
WT400
WT1000 (with WT400 as the preamp)
210XST 4 ohm
dual 212XLT 4 ohm
112XLT

Dennis I had the opportunity to play through a WT 390 and as you know there were only three of these cabinets made, it was signed by David Eden. A good friend of mine blew his Fender Bass man amp and asked me to assist him in obtaining a new amp. We went to the Pro-shop I buy from and he and I played his bass a 2005 Mexican Fender 5 through different heads and combos. But ultimately he was set on the David Eden WT 390 combo. I must admit it sounded awesome, better than my Ampeg rig actually. So if and when I decide to change my rig I believe I to will be joining the Eden clan.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:39 PM
Senior Posting Member

Tim Bishop is on a distinguished road
Cool 390?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Smith View Post
Dennis I had the opportunity to play through a WT 390 and as you know there were only three of these cabinets made, it was signed by David Eden. A good friend of mine blew his Fender Bass man amp and asked me to assist him in obtaining a new amp. We went to the Pro-shop I buy from and he and I played his bass a 2005 Mexican Fender 5 through different heads and combos. But ultimately he was set on the David Eden WT 390 combo. I must admit it sounded awesome, better than my Ampeg rig actually. So if and when I decide to change my rig I believe I to will be joining the Eden clan.

Hey Al,

I've never heard of a WT-390 ....at any rate....

I've played through and own Edens 400, 550, and 800. The 400 just can't cut it (too weak). The 800 is a great amp also, however, IMO the Eden WT-550 (if nothing else, value-wise) is THE best sounding amp head I have played of the 3 Edens I have.

What you will really need to do now is take your Smith, locate a WT-550 and run it through a 210XST and 212 XLT Cab together. Or, if they have a 410XLT, that'l work too. You think that MIM Fender sounded good? LOL! I can promise you, your Ampeg rig will become a distant memory.

If you are looking for a combo amp......I would recommend the Eden Metro.

Now, if you want to take it to another level?....Well, as you already know, I have shared what I use as my current rig through my other posts, so, I won't bore you with those details again.

Last edited by Tim Bishop; 08-06-2007 at 01:01 PM.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:58 PM
Senior Posting Member

Cool Seriously Considering Eden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Bishop View Post
Hey Al,

I've never heard of a WT-390 ....at any rate....

I've played through and own Edens 400, 550, and 800. The 400 just can't cut it (too weak). The 800 is a great amp also, however, IMO the Eden WT-550 (if nothing else, value-wise) is THE best sounding amp head I have played of the 3 Edens I have.

What you will really need to do now is take your Smith, locate a WT-550 and run it through a 210XST and 212 XLT Cab together. Or, if they have a 410XLT, that'l work too. You think that MIM Fender sounded good? LOL! I can promise you, your Ampeg rig will become a distant memory.

If you are looking for a combo amp......I would recommend the Eden Metro.

Now, if you want to take it to another level?....Well, as you already know, I have shared what I use as my current rig through my other posts, so, I won't bore you with those details again.
First of all Tim you never bore me with info on your awesome collection of thunder producers, secondly I will take you up on your dubious suggestions and run my Smith's both my 5 and 6 string through the set-up you recommended. I'll hit ya back with the feed back just as soon as I return from my business trip to good ole St Louis.
until then peace!!
Old 08-07-2007, 09:38 PM
Senior Posting Member

Cool Dubious?

Quote:
First of all Tim you never bore me with info on your awesome collection of thunder producers, secondly I will take you up on your dubious suggestions and run my Smith's both my 5 and 6 string through the set-up you recommended. I'll hit ya back with the feed back just as soon as I return from my business trip to good ole St Louis.
until then peace!!
Thx Al. As far as the suggestion......there's not a grain of doubt in my mind.

Old 08-08-2007, 05:09 PM
Posting Member

Dennis Michaels is on a distinguished road

The 390 is/was the signature upgrade for the 112/300 combo (DC112 i believe was the model). The 390 upgrade makes a 300 with the specs of the WT 400. Nice little head.
www.kensmithbasses.com
www.eden-electronics.com

Tone matters so play the best through the best.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:47 PM
Senior Posting Member

Cool New Attitude- New State and New Rig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Michaels View Post
The 390 is/was the signature upgrade for the 112/300 combo (DC112 i believe was the model). The 390 upgrade makes a 300 with the specs of the WT 400. Nice little head.
Ok Dennis/Tim I know by now you've read I'm moving to ST Louis, well after carefull consideration and listening itensely to the eden sound, I've sold my Ampeg Rig and soon will be utilizing all DE products. Al
Old 09-21-2007, 11:07 PM
Senior Posting Member

Cool DE Man!

Quote:
Ok Dennis/Tim I know by now you've read I'm moving to ST Louis, well after carefull consideration and listening itensely to the eden sound, I've sold my Ampeg Rig and soon will be utilizing all DE products. Al
Well Al, you are a smart man! Better later than never. What DE products are you seeking?

Last edited by Tim Bishop; 09-21-2007 at 11:28 PM.