Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB)

Go Back   Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB) > The Bull Pit

Old 03-08-2010, 07:40 PM
Posting Member

Paul Warburton is on a distinguished road
Arrow Getting crazy on talk sites.

Some of you know me and some of you don't. I'm basically just an old jazz bass player with some experience in that world.
I was recently involved in a thread here where I was asked a question or two by a member who I wasn't familiar with. I became extremely confused with the way the poster responded....I asked publicly for Ken's help and Ken responded as best he could by suggesting that I read one of the posters other threads. I did that and realized what this person was all about, in my experience of knowing other people similar to this in other talk sites. I'm not going to get defensive about it with the exception of explaining a couple of reasons why I insulted him intentionally, which I sure did. After Ken suggested that I check out this guys active thread, the guy came in telling me that he didn't "ask for (my) involvement in his thread. I'm not involved in that thread, nor was I ever and I told him in no uncertain terms that I didn't need to have him invite me into his thread or anyone Else's for that matter. What really insulted me was that he referred to me as "this guy", as if I was some "thing" that wasn't included in this community.
I did call this person a "jerk" and said a couple other unkind things because he was taking unkind shots at his host at this site, who I happen to like. (for what strange reasons, I can't explain . )
Anselm happened to get kind of caught in the middle of this silly fray and I'd like to offer a public apology to him, so.....Anselm, I'm sorry if you misunderstood anything I said and I didn't mean to make it sound like I was accusing you of the dreaded Internet talk site "Buddy Up System" which is common on talk sites.
To my understanding, this site is not a Blog where one person is free to take over and spew weird **** about themselves from dusk to dawn and any one person who holds conversations with him or herself, page after page.....including quoting other posts that he wrote previously to talk to himself, says one thing to me........look at me. (IMO).
I would have posted this in the above mentioned thread but it was closed down, so this Thread Topic seemed to be the best bet.
Saludos, PW.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:55 PM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Question Saludos?

What do you mean by "Saludos"? Going somewhere? Gee, I hope not. We are just getting started..

The guy in that thread I think is a harmless and lonely to the world person. He has a job and family but seems to be here almost around the clock. Well, I thought things in his world 'well displayed' over here from his mind were getting a bit out of control. So, I closed about half of his Threads which I deem silly. I deleted only one that seemed an insult to one that replied and deleted a comment of his own that I was able to read as the Mod.

Anyway, that's done for now and I think it becomes a bit more clear now that this section is not for ones own personal exhibition of silliness but rather to relate to others thoughts about non-bass topics.

Maybe we can get back on the off-bass-topic finally and stay there, in here I mean..
Old 03-08-2010, 08:07 PM
Posting Member

Thumbs up Finally some action!!

I would now like to talk a while about what an amazing person I am when I'm not playing all that brilliant stuff on my big bass fiddle.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:01 PM
Posting Member

Adrian Juras is on a distinguished road

Ken I think your "i" key is malfunctioning I agree though. I dig this site because it covers such a wide range of facets regarding the double bass, and its just a shame to see some of that stuff happening in said thread, and elsewhere on here I guess(although I tend not to read into the OT stuff...). I always enjoy reading your posts and experiences Paul.

Back to the woodshed...

Adrian
Old 03-08-2010, 09:10 PM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Unhappy ok..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Juras View Post
Ken I think your "i" key is malfunctioning I agree though. I dig this site because it covers such a wide range of facets regarding the double bass, and its just a shame to see some of that stuff happening in said thread, and elsewhere on here I guess(although I tend not to read into the OT stuff...). I always enjoy reading your posts and experiences Paul.

Back to the woodshed...

Adrian
The I and O are right next to each other on my keyboard. Should o/i get that fixed?..
Old 03-09-2010, 02:13 AM
Senior Posting Member

Richard Prowse is on a distinguished road

"What really insulted me was that he referred to me as "this guy", as if I was some "thing" that wasn't included in this community.
I did call this person a "jerk" and said a couple other unkind things..."
Gosh, normally when you call someone a 'jerk' you expect that he's not going to want to be you best friend!
Paul, I found the things you said about me and my country ("NZ crapola thread") disrespectful, not that you probably care.
Hey, but that's life.
Bye Oren, E.Joel and Anselm.
Good luck, my friends.

Ken, can you please close my account now and delete what you like.
Thanks.
Good luck for the future.

Last edited by Richard Prowse; 03-09-2010 at 03:50 AM. Reason: from New Zealand
Old 03-09-2010, 07:52 AM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Wink lol..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Warburton View Post
I would now like to talk a while about what an amazing person I am when I'm not playing all that brilliant stuff on my big bass fiddle.
So, how's that going?
Old 03-09-2010, 07:59 AM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Lightbulb oh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Prowse View Post
"What really insulted me was that he referred to me as "this guy", as if I was some "thing" that wasn't included in this community.
I did call this person a "jerk" and said a couple other unkind things..."
Gosh, normally when you call someone a 'jerk' you expect that he's not going to want to be you best friend!
Paul, I found the things you said about me and my country ("NZ crapola thread") disrespectful, not that you probably care.
Hey, but that's life.
Bye Oren, E.Joel and Anselm.
Good luck, my friends.

Ken, can you please close my account now and delete what you like.
Thanks.
Good luck for the future.
I just looked at your profile and you X'd out all your information. Did you say you were a public school teacher? Have any of the parents of the students you teach read your Threads here? Unless the culture down in NZ is something on the flip side, I would be more concerned about that than what people here say.

I know you put a lot of time into your Threads and Posts but the silly stuff has to come to an end sometime. A joke here and there is fine but this has become borderline insane. Maybe even south of the border!

If you are reading this feel free to reply.

Hey, I come from working the night scene in NYC. In the clubs there it's so tough that the hat check girl stabs you goodnight! .. Her name is Nunzio..
Old 03-09-2010, 08:01 AM
Posting Member

Thumbs down Richard's back, of course........

No surprise. You're back again, of course, right on target. Now you're accusing me of dissing your Country, which is more BS but you knew I had to come back again to make it clear to other members that it isn't true, so here ya go...... http://www.smithbassforums.com/showt...8270#post18270
My post #47......""study in neurosis NZ crapola thread of yours". (if you don't want to dig through the crap). As you wish, I'll explain that to you...I wasn't calling your country crapola, I was calling that sad thread that has NZ in the topic header crapola, and that, IMO, is really being kind to you.
Now you come into this new thread that I felt was incumbant on me to post to apologize to Anselm and to explain my actions to other members to make sure that people know that you're still haunting and ready to taunt. How many times have you threatened to leave before this?
I don't know if Ken HAS to CLOSE your account before you leave. I think not, and if I were him I'd say.....Bye, don't let the door hit you in the ass on yer way out.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:10 AM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Cool friends..

You know when someone says "hey, I can say this to you because I'm your friend".. etc.. Well that happens on line too. The difference here is that others around the world, members and guests alike can read it. On this small membered forum, the guest readership far out numbers the members.

We say what we say and we do what we do. When I tell jokes to others I am often the only one who gets the joke the way I thought it to be intended. You gotta be in it to win it!.. So, often Posts and Threads are between the posters ears rather than clearly understood by others.

I hope that makes sense. I get it. Do you?
Old 03-09-2010, 08:10 AM
Posting Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Smith View Post
So, how's that going?
Damn Brilliant. Thanks fer asking.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:14 AM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Smile well..

Quote:
Damn Brilliant. Thanks fer asking.
Feel like sharing? Not like it hasn't been done before. With all my talk about my personal basses I fell that sometimes I'm talking to myself. Ever fell that way Paul?
Old 03-09-2010, 08:23 AM
Posting Member

Question Huh?

Quote:
You know when someone says "hey, I can say this to you because I'm your friend".. etc.. Well that happens on line too. The difference here is that others around the world, members and guests alike can read it. On this small membered forum, the guest readership far out numbers the members.
We say what we say and we do what we do. When I tell jokes to others I am often the only one who gets the joke the way I thought it to be intended. You gotta be in it to win it!.. So, often Posts and Threads are between the posters ears rather than clearly understood by others.

I hope that makes sense. I get it. Do you?
No.
What do I get? Do I have to get something? What if I don't like it?....can I take it back for something nicer, or do I have to be polite, keep it and act like I like it? Sometimes, when you're nice to me I think you might be planning on doing something ugly to me..................****. I'm starting to sound like Richard.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:28 AM
Posting Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Feel like sharing? Not like it hasn't been done before. With all my talk about my personal basses I fell that sometimes I'm talking to myself. Ever fell that way Paul?
Did I ever fall what way? You know I've fallen most ways, Ken.....we already talked about that before. I was so drunk I never really hurt myself too badly.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:45 AM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Unhappy FeEl...

Quote:
Did I ever fall what way? You know I've fallen most ways, Ken.....we already talked about that before. I was so drunk I never really hurt myself too badly.
FeEl.. Feel.. feel.... Hey, I play bass. I can't type, period..

Stop making fun od me... I mean fun oF me.. these letters are so close to each other how is anyone expected to hit the exact letter. The phones used to have big buttons too. Now when dialing my Cell I hit 2 or 3 numbers at once. What, am I supposed to shrink down to 2 feet tall so the keys and numbers are the normal size? Gezzz... hit a guy when he's down.. That's NY for ya..
Old 03-09-2010, 08:52 AM
Senior Posting Member

Anselm Hauke is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Anselm happened to get kind of caught in the middle of this silly fray and I'd like to offer a public apology to him, so.....Anselm, I'm sorry if you misunderstood anything I said and I didn't mean to make it sound like I was accusing you of the dreaded Internet talk site "Buddy Up System" which is common on talk sites. .........
thanks paul, i accept your apology.

Last edited by Anselm Hauke; 03-09-2010 at 08:54 AM. Reason: added a letter, english ist difikult
Old 03-09-2010, 08:56 AM
Posting Member

Thumbs up

PRE EDIT: Thanks Anselm, we posted at the same time.

I was messing with Ken...........

Hey, man....You're the only person I know who may have an ego as big as mine. I guess that's why we get along OK. Later on I'm gonna start a "Battle of the Bassist's Egos" thread, if I can last long enough in here.
I know what you're saying though about new tech stuff like typing . I answered my TV remote yesterday when the phone rang.
Old age is a Mother.

PS.....my bass' machines in my Avatar pic are cooler than yours and I don't need no damn extension.

Last edited by Paul Warburton; 03-09-2010 at 09:10 AM.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:59 AM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Red face TV?

Quote:
Hey, man....You're the only person I know who may have an ego as big as mine. I guess that's why we get along OK. Later on I'm gonna start a "Battle of the Bassist's Egos" thread, if I can last long enough in here.
I know what you're saying though about new tech stuff like typing . I answered my TV remote yesterday when the phone rang.
Old age is a Mother.
No Paul, that's the fAll thing again. Like combing your teen and brushing your hair in the morning. Walking into the bathroom and looking at the various grooming tools but not sure what goes where!..
Old 03-09-2010, 09:14 AM
Senior Posting Member

Tim Bishop is on a distinguished road
Smile Combing your teen?

Quote:
....Like combing your teen....
Be careful with that one: That could land you in jail now-days.

Old 03-09-2010, 09:17 AM
Posting Member

Talking

You just barely beat me on that one, Tim.

EDIT: This stuff speaks volumes about Ken's ****'s. The guy has the nerve to start an Internet Talk Site and can't even make a post that can be understood.