Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB)

Go Back   Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB) > Electric Basses > Amps, etc. [BG]

Old 08-19-2007, 11:02 PM
Junior Posting Member

Abe Colon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Abe Colon
Question Setup advice

I currently play in the Praise and Worship team in my church and also play in a gospel jazz ensemble (tapestryjazz.com). My request is simple I would like advice on how to properly set my WT800 with 2 Epifani 2x10 cabs running them in bi-amp mode, more importantly the different parameters for inside versus outside playing. I currently use a 6 string Kensmith and a 1978 Fender P bass.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:10 PM
Senior Posting Member

Tim Bishop is on a distinguished road
Cool Set-up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Colon View Post
I currently play in the Praise and Worship team in my church and also play in a gospel jazz ensemble (tapestryjazz.com). My request is simple I would like advice on how to properly set my WT800 with 2 Epifani 2x10 cabs running them in bi-amp mode, more importantly the different parameters for inside versus outside playing. I currently use a 6 string Kensmith and a 1978 Fender P bass.
Abe, if the Epifani cabs are anywhere near as efficient as the Eden cabs, you won't need to bi-amp.

Depending on the rating of the Epifani cabs (i.e. what is the power rating of the cabs and are the cabs 8, 4, or 2 ohms) will determine how you use the WT-800. For example: At 8ohms you can run bridged out of the WT-800, get 880W, and you will be a happy man! At 4ohms (2-8ohm cabs), you will get 440W each side. You must understand the specs on both amp and cabs. This is most important in protecting your amp and cabs!

Also, make sure you know which WT-800 you have! I believe the newer model (WT-800B) gives you more power! This is great when you want to run bridged-mono into a 4 ohm cab at 1100W!

As far as outside playing? Well, very different: Much more air to push. Make sure you have the appropriate power and cabs to handle it, if you desire the bass presence you'll want and need for your stage mix. If you are running direct to the board, hopefully you'll have a sound system that can handle it beyond the stage.

Last edited by Tim Bishop; 08-20-2007 at 06:38 AM.