Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB)

Go Back   Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB) > Welcome To SmithBassForums

Old 07-13-2007, 04:55 PM
Administrator

Mike Smith is on a distinguished road

I'll try putting a little bit more work into it. I wasn't truly satisfied with the theme I posted earlier but I'll see what I can do, even if it's not final, I don't mind at all getting rid of vB's current theme Of course, I'll try adding a few additional themes and let you guys select which one you would prefer. In time, I will definitely have multiple 'Smith themed' themes for you guys

If your having any issues/suggestions with either this or the main site, either pm or email me and I'll get back to you on that.

Can't find something on the main page or the forum? Try our new KSB Site Search.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:23 PM
Administrator

Default New Theme Coming!

I'll be posting a new theme by the end of today, I'll set it up as the default, but still allow you guys to use the standard vBulletin theme if you wish. Please leave some suggestions, what you like, what you don't like, this is for YOU, so if you guys hate it, so do I

If your having any issues/suggestions with either this or the main site, either pm or email me and I'll get back to you on that.

Can't find something on the main page or the forum? Try our new KSB Site Search.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:11 PM
Administrator

Default So..?

So what do you guys think? The new skin and logo is now up, but next on my list is to add some more 'Smilies' and changing some of the post icons, etc.

Old 07-15-2007, 10:24 PM
Senior Posting Member

David Powell is on a distinguished road

Not bad at all. It's a bit warmer. I like the two basses in the mast head. The wood grains are understated enough that the patterns don't bother the eyes and the pastels nicely tone down the screen. The links and text still stands out well. It's pleasing to the eye.

Old 07-15-2007, 11:46 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Powell View Post
Not bad at all. It's a bit warmer. I like the two basses in the mast head. The wood grains are understated enough that the patterns don't bother the eyes and the pastels nicely tone down the screen. The links and text still stands out well. It's pleasing to the eye.

Great, glad to hear it

Also, if you do decide that you prefer the old skin over the new one, I've left that as an option, just scroll down the the bottom left, and you'll find a drop down menu where you can select from the available skins. When I add more they will also appear down there

Old 07-16-2007, 04:03 AM
Senior Posting Member

Anselm Hauke is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Powell View Post

i have got nothing to add
Old 07-16-2007, 10:32 AM
Senior Posting Member

Bob Faulkner is on a distinguished road

Much nicer.. This really screams wood!

I like the logo too.. It actually reminds me of the top of an old cabinet or something.. Fits nicely.

My band's site:
Delusional Mind
Old 07-16-2007, 03:54 PM
Junior Posting Member

MattDenney is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to MattDenney Send a message via Yahoo to MattDenney

Great stuff Ken, I think the forum truly looks superb!!
I run an Overwater basses forum, although I have recently not bothered with it as much as Overwater is a small company, and I have been cramming in revision for my GCSE exams. I did a logo on photoshop a while back, but it could with perfecting. I haven't bothered as of yet though. It never really took off as well as this forum has done, plus I didnt pay for it... Adverts

Anyways, keep up the good work guys. Very impressive!!
Old 07-16-2007, 07:13 PM
Junior Posting Member

Amit Shtriker is on a distinguished road

Great, I was expecting the harshness and was surprised by the warmness and the calm feel on the eyes. Much better!
Old 07-16-2007, 09:28 PM
Administrator

Thanks a lot! Yea, the logo was pretty much the only thing I did in photoshop. Nothing too fancy, used PS's pen tool to create the curves and then created a shape which I duplicated and flipped vertically. Then I laid a background on that, and then cut up and cropped up some pictures to add there to give it that Smith look and finally I added the text.

If you were wondering about the fonts, found them over at dafont.com which is a site which hosts thousands of fonts for use in anything such as photoshop, web design, or whatever you may need them for. The other stuff, such as the category strips or the table headers, I took straight from the KSB wood pages' backgrounds and rotated them and/or scaled them to the size I wanted.

I'm glad you guys are liking the new skin

Old 07-16-2007, 10:18 PM
Senior Posting Member

Tim Bishop is on a distinguished road
Cool Looks nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Smith View Post
Thanks a lot! Yea, the logo was pretty much the only thing I did in photoshop. Nothing too fancy, used PS's pen tool to create the curves and then created a shape which I duplicated and flipped vertically. Then I laid a background on that, and then cut up and cropped up some pictures to add there to give it that Smith look and finally I added the text.

If you were wondering about the fonts, found them over at dafont.com which is a site which hosts thousands of fonts for use in anything such as photoshop, web design, or whatever you may need them for. The other stuff, such as the category strips or the table headers, I took straight from the KSB wood pages' backgrounds and rotated them and/or scaled them to the size I wanted.

I'm glad you guys are liking the new skin
Looks nice Mike. Thx!

Old 07-18-2007, 04:18 PM
Junior Posting Member

Ron Lacey is on a distinguished road

Mike,

Nice look. I was away for a couple of weeks and logged in this morning. A bit of a shock on my sleep deprived brain, but I like it much better than the default. I wonder what else I missed?
Old 07-18-2007, 04:38 PM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Cool missed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Lacey View Post
Mike,

Nice look. I was away for a couple of weeks and logged in this morning. A bit of a shock on my sleep deprived brain, but I like it much better than the default. I wonder what else I missed?
Te see what you've missed daily, go here. Apart from that, just surf your favorite topics. I have added a few threads in the DB section as well.