Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB)

Go Back   Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB) > Electric Basses > Smith Basses, Handmade

Old 11-17-2012, 03:21 AM
Posting Member

Desmund Nichols is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Desmund Nichols
Default My bass sounds so good

I just wanted to say that today I was practicing my Black Tiger 5, and my bass sounded so good.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:43 PM
Senior Posting Member

Tim Bishop is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Not surprised..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmund Nichols View Post
I just wanted to say that today I was practicing my Black Tiger 5, and my bass sounded so good.
Not surprised.

Old 11-19-2012, 06:59 PM
Senior Posting Member

Bob Faulkner is on a distinguished road

That's one of the things that still gets me to this day.. Since my band broke up 3 years ago most of my playing is done on a super cheap, yet still playable, 5 string fretless that is basically my beater/grunt bass. I get used to that thing then go down to my studio every so often and pull my fretless 4 string Smith out of the case, play about 2-5 notes, then proceed to curl up in the fetal position and cry over how awesomely amazing the thing feels and sounds. The contrast is shocking.

My band's site:
Delusional Mind
Old 11-19-2012, 07:16 PM
Senior Posting Member

Question Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Faulkner View Post
....most of my playing is done on a super cheap, yet still playable, 5 string fretless that is basically my beater/grunt bass. I get used to that thing then go down to my studio every so often and pull my fretless 4 string Smith out of the case, play about 2-5 notes, then proceed to curl up in the fetal position and cry over how awesomely amazing the thing feels and sounds....
So, why don't you play your Smith more often?

Old 11-20-2012, 12:38 PM
Senior Posting Member

Bob Faulkner is on a distinguished road

Because I don't play that much anymore other than tooling around in the recliner watching tv with the wife and kids. I don't want the Smith sitting in the living room with 2 dogs, 2 cats, and a 6 year old that is a walking wrecking ball.. So, I keep the Smith in it's case down stairs in my studio and play it when I go down there to play, which generally only happens anymore when I'm the only person home.

When my band broke up it kinda sapped a lot of my enthusiasm for playing.. I still do, just no where even near the same league as I used to.

Plus I've developed issues in my left elbow that makes gripping the neck painful.. I'm working on getting that fixed. I've been thinking about getting my chops back in shape and trying to find a casual band to play with, but since I'm not really interested in touring or doing shows anymore that can be quite difficult.

My band's site:
Delusional Mind
Old 11-20-2012, 01:40 PM
Senior Posting Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Faulkner View Post
Because I don't play that much anymore other than tooling around in the recliner watching tv with the wife and kids. I don't want the Smith sitting in the living room with 2 dogs, 2 cats, and a 6 year old that is a walking wrecking ball.. So, I keep the Smith in it's case down stairs in my studio and play it when I go down there to play, which generally only happens anymore when I'm the only person home.

When my band broke up it kinda sapped a lot of my enthusiasm for playing.. I still do, just no where even near the same league as I used to.

Plus I've developed issues in my left elbow that makes gripping the neck painful.. I'm working on getting that fixed. I've been thinking about getting my chops back in shape and trying to find a casual band to play with, but since I'm not really interested in touring or doing shows anymore that can be quite difficult.
Makes total sense to me. Hope you get to keep playin' in whatever capacity.