Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB)

Go Back   Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB) > New Forum Member Introductions

Old 02-23-2009, 12:43 PM
Senior Posting Member

Oren Hudson is on a distinguished road

We stray a lot around here. That's exactly how I ended up with 3 of the 5 dogs that I currently have. One was a rescue from the pound and the other I inherited from my mother upon her death last July. Quite a group. The largest is a 105 pound Yellow Lab and the smallest is a 10 pound Shiatsu. In between are a 32 pounder overgrown Miniature Schnauzer, a 45 pound Black Lab/Australian Shepherd mix and 45 pound Pit Bull/Doberman mix.
Old 02-23-2009, 12:53 PM
Senior Posting Member

Richard Prowse is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oren Hudson View Post
We stray a lot around here. That's exactly how I ended up with 3 of the 5 dogs that I currently have. One was a rescue from the pound and the other I inherited from my mother upon her death last July. Quite a group. The largest is a 105 pound Yellow Lab and the smallest is a 10 pound Shiatsu. In between are a 32 pounder overgrown Miniature Schnauzer, a 45 pound Black Lab/Australian Shepherd mix and 45 pound Pit Bull/Doberman mix.
I think that this post was really just an excuse, my grit munching friend, so that you could tell us about your dogs.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:15 PM
Senior Posting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Prowse View Post
I think that this post was really just an excuse, my grit munching friend, so that you could tell us about your dogs.
Huhu sticks. You saw right through the devious ploy to talk about my children. Oh well, you know how parents can be sometime. The "stray" opening was just too much for me to ignore.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:21 PM
Senior Posting Member

Quote:
I think that this post was really just an excuse, my grit munching friend, to tell you just how wonderful I truly believe that you are. I so wish that I could be your neighbor so that we could jam and jam and jam and then throw in some grits.
I feel the same way my friend Richard. We've gotten real close over the last couple of months or so.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:20 PM
Senior Posting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oren Hudson View Post
I feel the same way my friend Richard. We've gotten real close over the last couple of months or so.
We must be 'neighbors'! I'm starting to write American English, oh neighbourly friend! Next thing I'll be using 'practice' as a verb!
There, I used a face and it didn't hurt!
Old 02-23-2009, 05:03 PM
Senior Posting Member

Joel Larsson is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Isn't it always daytime in Norway for about six months of the year? You won't need to sleep.
Up here, yes, we have midnight sun. But that's in summer, which I reckon you have down there, but here, we just had a blizzard of sorts. And it's not too late in the year for northern lights!

I would love having a dog or two. It seems that you have all I wish for, Oren. Except that you still have hair. Do you also own your house? I am currently experienceing the downsides of renting apartments, and a dream has taken form in my mind of a small red house on the Swedish countryside which I actually own.

Could you please tell me which form of English I use, my wise friends?
Old 02-23-2009, 05:59 PM
Senior Posting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Larsson View Post
Could you please tell me which form of English I use, my wise friends?
Swenglish.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:09 PM
Senior Posting Member

Swenglish? You've been in the Boone's Farm again haven't you Richard. Swenglish is when Swen, the stable boy, and Glish, the fair maiden, join together as one, and become Swen Glish. Now that that's clear, what was the question again? Oh yea, English. I'm not sure. I think I was out that day in school. Probably down at the beer joint (Southern States English) suckin' down some pitchers of Budweiser and trying to pick up girls. So, you might be right after all, my friend Richard.

Speaking of Midnight Sun, there was once a really groovy night spot in Charlotte called The Midnight Sun. With a place called The Cellar being my favorite, The Midnight Sunn was up there too. I frequented those and a few others during my high school and college days. Lots of suds, hot chics and good bands. Good memories indeed.

Both Donna and I have always been lovers of dogs. We actually had one that adopted us prior our marriage. Through our nearly 35 years of marriage, we've had, including the 5 that we have now, a total of 19 dogs! I could have been a millionaire with the money spent on them, but wouldn't want to trade. The first black dog that we had was named Midnight. Sorry about the hair. Happy you have such good tastes in wishing for the things that I have. At your age, I had those wishes too. So, my young bass thumpin pal, the best is yet to come. As to the house, yes, it's ours. It's part of your dream. It is barn RED. But located in the City of Gastonia. We are both city slickers and love it. We do, however, have nearly 1 1/2 acres, so we're not cramped for being in the city.

NP: Junior Walker and the Allstars - Shotgun (Note to Richard. Since one of your brothers plays sax, you should add Shotgun to your set list. One of my favorite bass lines too.)
Old 02-24-2009, 12:40 PM
Senior Posting Member

Ah, yes, back then you people used 'groovy' all the time. I like 'The Cellar.' Maybe the club was situated in a cellar?

Gastonia didn't have a hockey team in the NHL when I was a kid still collecting hockey cards, so I am afraid I haven't heard of it. But it is probably not super big. Tromsö is neat. About 70,000 inhabitants. Pretty much for being so far north, actually. But I have found that the countryside is more my thing. I grew up in a city about as big as Tromsö, and city folk seem so cold and self-obsessed compared to the people on the Värmländska countryside! The people of Northern Norway are real nice, though. You may even say 'groovy.'

NP: Emiliana Torrini - Dead Duck
Old 02-24-2009, 01:12 PM
Senior Posting Member

Anselm Hauke is on a distinguished road

Quote:
.... Värmländska countryside! The people of Northern Norway are real nice, though. You may even say 'groovy.'
np: monica zetterlund - ack värmeland, du sköna
Old 02-24-2009, 02:39 PM
Senior Posting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anselm Hauke View Post
np: monica zetterlund - ack värmeland, du sköna
Cheers to that!
She was a very good actress, too. Was in quite a few of Hasse & Tage's films.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:52 PM
Senior Posting Member

Quote:
Cheers to that!
She was a very good actress, too. Was in quite a few of Hasse & Tage's films.
there are some nice clips of her on youtube with bill evans, i like the sound of her voice.
who is Hasse & Tage?
the kaurismäkis of the 50s?
Old 02-24-2009, 03:05 PM
Senior Posting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Martin View Post
In accordance with what seems to be the protocol here, I'm Dave Martin. I've been playing bass for perilously close to 40 years, and live in Nashville, Tennessee, where I do sessions, play live and run Java Jive, a studio just outside of the city.

Dave Martin
www.javajivestudio.com
Nashville, TN
hi dave, sorry, it´s your thread...
Old 02-24-2009, 11:32 PM
Senior Posting Member

Quote:
You are exactly right, my friend Anselm. Let's move this line over to the Bull Pit, or as I like to reference it, the Pit Bull. So, see ya there.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:38 AM
Posting Member

Dave Martin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Nah - you guys are having fun; I'm not gonna interrupt.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:11 AM
Senior Posting Member

Quote:
there are some nice clips of her on youtube with bill evans, i like the sound of her voice.
who is Hasse & Tage?
the kaurismäkis of the 50s?
Ah, they are iconic in Sweden. Made cabaret shows, movies, and wrote books, with an incredible sense for witty jokes, political satire, and also (at times) an incredible depth. Think they were active from the late 50's and into the 80's when Tage died. Usually, our domestic products rarely keep up with the international standard, as our pop music from the 80's will hint at, but Bergman, Hasse & Tage and Lars Molin did know how to make a film. A Hasse & Tage flick probably wouldn't make it through the translation, though.

Otherwise, the only thing we generally do better than most is heavy metal...

And Dave; please do interrupt! Shared fun is greater fun. What's YOUR take on heavy metal, for instance??
Old 02-26-2009, 11:46 AM
Posting Member

Quote:
And Dave; please do interrupt! Shared fun is greater fun. What's YOUR take on heavy metal, for instance??
Well, the best answer to that is a quote from my friend Tommy Wells - a quote that I've taken to heart. This applies to all sorts of music, by the way - from showtunes to polkas, from country to emo. Ready?

"If they're payin', I'm playin'."

Old 02-27-2009, 04:11 AM
Senior Posting Member

+1 to that. I hope some day I'll be able to say no to a job, because I wouldn't be desperate for money and I couldn't cope with the program, but I figure that'll never happen unless I marry an excessively rich, understanding and supporting woman.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:09 AM
Posting Member

Quote:
+1 to that. I hope some day I'll be able to say no to a job, because I wouldn't be desperate for money and I couldn't cope with the program, but I figure that'll never happen unless I marry an excessively rich, understanding and supporting woman.
Well, I have an excessively understanding and supporting wife - just not a rich one...
Old 02-27-2009, 02:48 PM
Senior Posting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Martin View Post
Well, I have an excessively understanding and supporting wife - just not a rich one...
Dave, I think the 'rich' bit was the important bit in Joel's statement.