Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB)

Go Back   Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB) > The Bull Pit

Old 05-22-2009, 08:52 AM
Senior Posting Member

Tim Bishop is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Here (U.S.)

On this, our Memorial Weekend 2009, let us not forget those (the real Heroes) that gave their tomorrows so we could have ours.
Thank you!

Old 05-22-2009, 10:23 AM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Unhappy yes..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Bishop View Post
On this, our Memorial Weekend 2009, let us not forget those (the real Heroes) that gave their tomorrows so we could have ours.
Thank you!
I will be working most of the weekend to help preserve our way of life. Work and get fed or the job you have goes to India or the Philippines, or China or Argentina.

We work to live and people die defending our freedom. Then, big corporations SELL our Jobs to other countries. Is that why Americans die in Foreign wars? To ship our Jobs overseas and unemployed fellow Americans so that Corporate heads can make Multi Millions until the company goes Bust and then keep the Money and their wealth while the Unemployed who lost their Jobs DIRECTLY from these Greedy MoFos then starve to death trying to survive on what little they have left?

If we must fight and die for a cause, let the cause do more than fatten a few millionaires.

I had trouble with my GM Car. I called and spoke to some rude ass in Argentina who told me 'too bad' you are stuck with the Car.
I had trouble with my Visa bill and called. I spoke to some woman in INDIA who knew all of my private information.
I had trouble with my Web service and called on night and spoke to someone in the Philippines. The billing center is only 20 miles from me where they take my money. The Problem center is on the other side of the world.

I spoke to a wife of an Auto Credit worker and was told her husband was ordered to go to India and train them to do his job or he would loose his and his pension. He did as was told and afterwards was fired because, they didn't need him anymore.

Is this what we fight and die for? GM lost 23 million last year as reported. The CEO salary was 16 million. So, they really only lost 7 million but he pocketed 16 million because he was greedy. Now your sons and grandchildren will pay in their taxes the bail out that allowed him to keep the 16 million he stole in my opinion and kept.

I hope truly that Obama fixes this Greed for money and life policy. It is totally messed up. I never felt more like a puppet on a string than I have felt this past year. It doesn't matter how hard I work. It matters more how many millions these CEO's can steal and get away with. Then, we the public puppets have to pay for it. This totally sucks..
Old 05-22-2009, 10:28 AM
Senior Posting Member

Default Couldn't agree more......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Smith View Post
I will be working most of the weekend to help preserve our way of life. Work and get fed or the job you have goes to India or the Philippines, or China or Argentina.

We work to live and people die defending our freedom. Then, big corporations SELL our Jobs to other countries. Is that why Americans die in Foreign wars? To ship our Jobs overseas and unemployed fellow Americans so that Corporate heads can make Multi Millions until the company goes Bust and then keep the Money and their wealth while the Unemployed who lost their Jobs DIRECTLY from these Greedy MoFos then starve to death trying to survive on what little they have left?

If we must fight and die for a cause, let the cause do more than fatten a few millionaires.

I had trouble with my GM Car. I called and spoke to some rude ass in Argentine who told me 'too bad' you are stuck with the Car.
I had trouble with my Visa bill and called. I spoke to some woman in INDIA who knew all of my private information.
I had trouble with my Web service and called on night and spoke to someone in the Philippines. The billing center is only 20 miles from me where they take my money. The Problem center is on the other side of the world.

I spoke to a wife or an Auto Credit worker and was told her husband was ordered to go to India and tran them to do his job or he would loose his and his pension. he did as was told and afterwards was fired because, they didn't need him anymore.

Is this what we fight and die for? GM lost 23 million last year as reported. The CEO salary was 16 million. So, they really only lost 7 million but he pocketed 16 million because he was greedy. No your sons and grandchildren will pay in their taxed the bail out that allowed him to keep the 16 million he stole in my opinion and kept.

I hope truely that Obama fixes this Greed for money and life policy. It is totally messed up. I never felp more like a puppet on a string than I have felt this past year. It doesn't matter how hard I work. It matters more how many milions these CEO's can steal and get away with. Then, we the public puppets have to pay for it. This totally sucks..
Wow, couldn't agree more or have said it better, Ken. Thanks for sharing and being dead-on-target.

Old 05-22-2009, 01:10 PM
Senior Posting Member

Oren Hudson is on a distinguished road

Some mighty sad, but true words uttered by Ken. People wonder what's wrong with this country (America.) I guess most are just blind or snowed by reality and shrug their shoulders. If products and jobs keep going to other countries, one day we Americans will have no money to buy those products. Scary thought, but it's developing as we speak.
Old 05-22-2009, 02:05 PM
Senior Posting Member

Thumbs up American....

Baseball, Apple Pie, 2nd. Amendment and Smith Basses: As American As It Gets

Old 05-22-2009, 02:17 PM
Senior Posting Member

Default T-Shirt ?

Quote:
Hey Ken, maybe you should print up and sell some new T-Shirts with the above print. I'm thinkin they might do well.

Last edited by Tim Bishop; 05-22-2009 at 02:27 PM.
Old 05-22-2009, 04:33 PM
Senior Posting Member

Richard Prowse is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Here (U.S.)
I have a problem with this name because it has no real direction. From any person's own point of view, he is 'here'.
Tim, I think you need to define the boundaries of this thread a little more clearly. You could try:
"This big bit (U.S.)" or, maybe,
"Here, from where Tim is standing, (U.S.)".
For guidance, check out the thread I started called,
"Up There (Near Canada)".
You could have actually used a name like this because you are all reasonably near to Canada. I give you permission to take over this name if it helps.
No, don't thank me.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:49 PM
Senior Posting Member

Quote:
I didn't know what the 2nd. Ammendment was, so I looked it up;
"The Second Ammendment to the United States Constitution is the part of the United States Bill of Rights that protects a right to keep and bear arms."

"Baseball, Apple Pie, carrying a gun and Smith Basses: As American As It Gets "
Old 05-27-2009, 03:36 PM
Senior Posting Member

This thread really seems to be taking off!
Old 05-28-2009, 03:48 PM
Senior Posting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Prowse View Post
This thread really seems to be taking off!
Maybe it's like my Memorial Day one and disappears for periods of time. Speaking of taking off, is it time for the strippers yet?

Last edited by Oren Hudson; 05-28-2009 at 11:17 PM. Reason: just checking
Old 05-29-2009, 12:54 AM
Senior Posting Member

So, tell me about this place called U.S. Is it somewhere up near Greenland?
Old 05-29-2009, 04:14 PM
Senior Posting Member

Joel Larsson is on a distinguished road

No, no, up near Greenland is where I live! And America is quite the way from here.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:48 PM
Senior Posting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Larsson View Post
No, no, up near Greenland is where I live! And America is quite the way from here.
I've only seem the place on TV. I know it's quite big and they say 'toob' instead of 'tube'. I know it's not in Europe - Anselm told me that. It's got to be near Greenland... or near Kansas.
Old 05-29-2009, 05:22 PM
Senior Posting Member

I think it might be part of The Canadian Empire because some people say it comes under Canada.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:41 PM
Senior Posting Member

Damn it, you're both wrong! It's right down I-85, just below Spartanburg in South Carolina. Don't believe me? Just check your map.
Old 05-30-2009, 05:38 PM
Senior Posting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oren Hudson View Post
Damn it, you're both wrong! It's right down I-85, just below Spartanburg in South Carolina. Don't believe me? Just check your map.
Okay, okay. Don't step in your grits! (Old Maori saying.)
Old 05-31-2009, 11:29 PM
Senior Posting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Prowse View Post
Okay, okay. Don't step in your grits! (Old Maori saying.)
I knew that you couldn't go more than a few days without mentioning grits. You are so Southern, my friend.

By The Way - I posted this May 30th - but it never showed. I've had some problems with several posts and threads lately. Who knows.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:29 PM
Senior Posting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oren Hudson View Post
I knew that you couldn't go more than a few days without mentioning grits. You are so Southern, my friend.

By The Way - I posted this May 30th - but it never showed. I've had some problems with several posts and threads lately. Who knows.
Yes, very southern.
Oren, my friend, when people around here use the word 'post', they don't mean that you have to put a stamp on it and drop it in a mail box. You just write something and then push 'Submit Reply'.

ps. Does it take a guy from a country that won't let US nuclear warships into its harbours to keep the Here (U.S.) thread ticking over?
Old 08-06-2009, 03:27 PM
Senior Posting Member

Talking Need therapy?

Need therapy? Maybe Bob can help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYLMTvxOaeE

Old 08-06-2009, 10:17 PM
Senior Posting Member

I believe that calls for a "Hi Bob."