Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB)

Go Back   Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB) > New Forum Member Introductions

Old 09-17-2009, 10:46 AM
Posting Member

Tomas Bouda is on a distinguished road
Default greetings from southern ontario

hello, my name is tomas bouda. i'm a bassplayer who plays in fifths - my teacher plays in fifths and he challenged me to follow suit two years ago. now, this is partly why i joined this discussion board. as a composer/improvisor (my undergrad degree actually reads like this: Bmus Contemporary Music: Composition Improvisation) i spend a lot of time with my bass. i've noticed that the bass has a few problems...like having a less-responsive g-string...that i am setting out to solve. any suggestions will be appreciated. i have also been researching luthiery schools, or courses because i am very curious about building instruments (basses in particular) and how they resonate to various pitches. very interesting.

anyway, i play a lot of jazz and new music as well as a few stints on cruise ships playing top 40 pop stuff.

thanks!
Old 09-17-2009, 10:55 AM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Cool hello..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas Bouda View Post
hello, my name is tomas bouda. i'm a bassplayer who plays in fifths - my teacher plays in fifths and he challenged me to follow suit two years ago. now, this is partly why i joined this discussion board. as a composer/improvisor (my undergrad degree actually reads like this: Bmus Contemporary Music: Composition Improvisation) i spend a lot of time with my bass. i've noticed that the bass has a few problems...like having a less-responsive g-string...that i am setting out to solve. any suggestions will be appreciated. i have also been researching luthiery schools, or courses because i am very curious about building instruments (basses in particular) and how they resonate to various pitches. very interesting.

anyway, i play a lot of jazz and new music as well as a few stints on cruise ships playing top 40 pop stuff.

thanks!
Hi and welcome. The first thing I can tell is to put your questions forth in the proper Forum and not here in the general intro area. This way, it can be discussed better and help will be easier to find.