Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB)

Go Back   Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB) > The Bull Pit

Old 02-13-2009, 01:23 PM
Senior Posting Member

Tim Bishop is on a distinguished road
Default In memory of my brother, Henry Clay Yarber.

In memory of my brother, Clay Yarber, who lost his life last night (February 12, 2009) from the crash of Continental flight 3407.

I'd like to honor you by publicly acknowledging and once again thanking you for your 4 year service to the United States of America, as a Force Recon Marine, in the Vietnam War. You will never be forgotten.

I'd also like to thank you for teaching and sharing with me the gift of music. Without it, I may have never realized the gift. With it, you will live on and always be remembered.

You are now and forever in His grasp.

Last edited by Tim Bishop; 02-13-2009 at 01:38 PM.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:16 PM
Senior Posting Member

Joel Larsson is on a distinguished road

That is so horrible. What can I say. My heart reaches out to you.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:33 PM
Senior Posting Member

Richard Prowse is on a distinguished road

Tim,
I am very sad to hear your news. I will be thinking of you.
Love to you and your family.
Richard
Old 02-13-2009, 10:12 PM
Senior Posting Member

Oren Hudson is on a distinguished road

So sorry to hear of your loss. Earlier this evening, I saw some news coverage and part of it included information on several of those that were on the plane. Among those mentioned were 2 musicians that were on their way to do a gig with Chuck Mangione. One sax player and the other I don't recall what instrument. Was one of them your brother?

I will publicly acknowledge his service and express my thanks for his Vietnam duty too. I am also thankful for his sharing his music love with you as well as the fact that he is now in His grasp. Know that prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.

Oren
Old 02-15-2009, 02:08 PM
Senior Posting Member

Default Thank you.

Thanks guys for you and taking the time to respond with those thoughts and prayers. This is such a difficult and surreal time for me right now, but wanted to take a moment to say thank you. It is appreciated more than you know.

- Tim B.

Old 02-15-2009, 03:11 PM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Default your loss

Tim, sorry to her about your loss. I am unclear as to whether he was your actual brother by family or by association/spiritual. Either way, the loss is no less. This was an unfortunate crash as all of them are but with all the News coverage on the actual night on CNN and the interviews after, it was quite scary.

I once flew in a small Prop plane from NY to Providence RI and flying over the Long Island sound in daylight, I was almost sure we were flying only slightly faster than I had driven my boat on that same body of water trolling for Bluefish. Not to make light of this but but these short commuter flights leave a very small margin for error and with the icing problem they had as mentioned on the News, it presumably went down before they could do anything about it.

My condolenceseses.
Old 02-15-2009, 05:16 PM
Senior Posting Member

Default Brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Smith View Post
Tim, sorry to her about your loss. I am unclear as to whether he was your actual brother by family or by association/spiritual.

My condolenceseses.
Ken, Clay was my brother by family: Same mother, different biological fathers. Clay had lost his father at a very early age.

Clay served 2 tours of duty in Vietnam with Marine Special Forces Recon. The memories from Vietnam haunted him most of his life and his health was not good and deteriorating as a result. When he returned home from Vietnam, he began his passion of playing music and maintained that passion for the remainder of his life. He was a phenomenal guitarist/musician and had played with countless well known and not so well known artists over the years. He had recently re-located to California (Riverside) to be with his son and help him with his musical career.

Clay, we called him "junior", (btw-he never really liked being called junior), was a 6 ft. 4 in. man that would have your back whether you were family, friend, or anyone in need. If you were his friend, you were fortunate; if you were foe, he was your worst nightmare. There are many that knew him as the "gentle giant" and a "big kid at heart". Any of his friends would tell you "he would give you the shirt off his own back or help you if you were in need". He had a very giving and loving heart. I know this to be true.

Clay Yarber - A Hero...A Son...A Father...A Brother...A Teacher...will never be forgotten.

Last edited by Tim Bishop; 02-20-2009 at 03:12 PM.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:36 PM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Default .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Bishop View Post
Ken, Clay was my brother by family: Same mother, different biological fathers. Clay had lost his father at a very early age.

Clay served 2 tours of duty in Vietnam with Marine Special Forces Recon. The memories from Vietnam haunted him most of his life and his health was not good and deteriorating as a result. When he returned home from Vietnam, he began his passion of playing music and maintained that passion for the remainder of his life. He was a phenomenal guitarist/musician and had played with countless well known and not so well known artists over the years. He had recently re-located to California (Riverside) to be with his son and help him with his musical career.

Clay, we called him "junior", (btw-he never really liked being called junior), was a 6 ft. 4 in. man that would have your back whether you were family, friend, or anyone in need. There are many that knew him as the "gentle giant" and a "big kid at heart". Any of his friends would tell you "he would give you the shirt off his own back or help you if you were in need". He had a very giving and loving heart. I know this to be true.

Clay Yarber - A Hero...A Son...A Father...A Brother...A Teacher...will never be forgotten.
Tim, thank you for sharing that...
Old 02-15-2009, 10:57 PM
Posting Member

Lou Laurenti is on a distinguished road

Quote:
In memory of my brother, Clay Yarber, who lost his life last night (February 12, 2009) from the crash of Continental flight 3407.

I'd like to honor you by publicly acknowledging and once again thanking you for your 4 year service to the United States of America, as a Force Recon Marine, in the Vietnam War. You will never be forgotten.

I'd also like to thank you for teaching and sharing with me the gift of music. Without it, I may have never realized the gift. With it, you will live on and always be remembered.

You are now and forever in His grasp.
Im so sorry for you loss.

God Bless you and your family
Lou Laurenti
Old 02-16-2009, 03:12 AM
Senior Posting Member

Richard Prowse is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Thanks guys for you and taking the time to respond with those thoughts and prayers. This is such a difficult and surreal time for me right now, but wanted to take a moment to say thank you. It is appreciated more than you know.

- Tim B.
Tim,
I think we're all trying to tell you something. We're a funny bunch on Ken's Corner. Some of us (well, am I the worst?) write silly stuff, but we're all common souls in that we have love of music and bass playing. Good on Ken for bring us all together! Have you noticed that no one has posted on the bull pit since your tragic post? Of course you have - I know a little about how one reacts after a personal loss. That says something really big! It says that we all care about our brothers and sisters. I personally am not a religious man (in the traditional sense) but I know I can feel the love in the air right now. Tim, we're all with you on this one - I just wanted you to know that. I don't know you well but, please be assured, I'm thinking of you a lot. I guess that's how we bass players process stuff.
Take care my friend.
Richard
Old 02-16-2009, 03:50 AM
Junior Posting Member

Jo Dorn is on a distinguished road
Default Your loss

Tim, please accept my deepest sympathy. Reading about your loss really touched me, as the suddenness of your brother's dead reminds me of my younger sister's death two years ago.
I'll be thinking of you,
Jo