Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB)

Go Back   Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB) > The Bull Pit

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-09-2007, 11:39 PM
Junior Posting Member

Chip Diemond is on a distinguished road
Default The Lurker Speaks....

Ok… I’ll take my life in my hands and post something. And why not, for openers, my own thread in the ‘Bull Pit’? I’m a natural born lurker. I’ve lurked and continue to lurk the other place. I’ve lurked here since almost the first day. If truth were known, I’m intimidated by all you big-time cats. I play Bluegrass on an old C-1 with some pretty good players and I love it! I love the little kids dancing down front; I love the older folks singin’ along, and I love the guy in the back just standin’ there smilin’ and tappin’ his foot to the music I’m helpin’ to make. It brings tears to my eyes sometimes and that’s plenty enough for me.

It was really too bad that Mr. Smith felt the need to leave the other place. And I make no judgment on why that was necessary. I’m a person who enjoys and respects the ‘gruff old farts’ especially when they have what it takes to back up what it is they have to say, which Mr. Smith certainly does. Still and all, I think both sides suffer in a couple ways. The other place suffers greatly for the lack of Mr. Smith’s sometimes pithy but never irrelevant comments and this site suffers from lack of…. bluntly, the dumb newbie’s. The other thing is that there are those who took sides and as a result don’t much post either place… I for one miss them. The upright bass community in all its shades, suffers. It’s too bad there can’t be some rapprochement. The sum of the two is less than the whole…

So I guess that’s enough.. I’ll close with two questions:

1, Mr. Smith; why is it that you never use the word ‘upright’ in your eBay listings?

2. Am I welcome here?

Chip in Seattle