Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB)

Go Back   Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB) > Double Basses > Luthier's Corner

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 10:30 PM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb 'The Luthier's Forum'

As a new feature of these Forums, I have asked a few qualified people to be 'Resident Pros' in various areas. Here in the Luthier section I have the pleasure of introducing Arnold Schnitzer and Jeff Bollbach. Two very talented Luthiers that have agreed to be our Resident Pros. Other members here that are also Luthiers include Bob Branstetter and Nick Lloyd. They are also welcomed to join in and contribute to these Forums.

In this Forum we will discuss all aspects of Bass making and how to care for your Bass. I have talked with both Jeff Bollbach and Arnold Schnitzer and they seemed excited to participate in this new Forum. Please respect our professionals at all times and take their advice when asked rather than argue with them. The answers you get may not always be what you want to hear but thus is life. I am sure you will be treated with respect when having your questions answered so please be kind to our guest Luthiers. They are not here as a paid on-line service like "Doctor, it hurts when I go like that".. "So don't go like that!"..Henny Youngman...

Henny will not be with us but I do expect to see Arnold and Jeff. I am also hoping to develop an on-line pictorial of various repairs and restorations as well as new DBs in progress.

All DBers and Luthiers are encouraged to come up here and talk, share information and learn from each other as well. Sometimes it's equally or even more valuable to know what 'not' to do to your Bass!