Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB)

Go Back   Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB) > Electric Basses > Woods, Electronics, & Components

Old 09-30-2014, 06:00 PM
Junior Posting Member

todd richmond is on a distinguished road
Default an appreciation of KS electronics

I've owned a lot of really nice instruments over the years, and recently added a BSR5TN to my arsenal. It has been a bit of an adjustment, in part due to me playing nothing but 4-string for the past few years. But the bass has grown on me to the point where last gig I only played that bass for 3 sets (I always bring 2 basses to a gig, usually fretted and fretless - the fretless 4 stayed in the bag). I also am ordering up a fretless 5 from Ken...just need to get the check in the mail.

One thing that I'm really liking is the pan pot. It actually does pan and give me a lot of different flavors of sound. Almost every other instrument I've owned was essentially an on/off switch with the pan. So you have at most 3 sounds (assuming a 2 pickup bass). But with my KS I've got a lot of shades of gray at my disposal, and that really helps both creatively and functionally. In some cases with tough rooms instead of having to eq I can just find a bit different pickup blend to give me a better tone.

Always great to have another tool at your sonic disposal.