Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB)

Go Back   Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB) > New Forum Member Introductions

Old 03-07-2008, 09:21 AM
Junior Posting Member

Richard Francis is on a distinguished road
Default Please allow me to introduce myself...Richard

Hello friends - this is a quick introduction to yours truly (aka Richard) from the the not so sunny North ...Canada!

First time KS Corner user, and delighted to be able to do so.
A little background about myself so you know where i come from...
I have been playing guitars since i was 12 years old (51 years as on date) and have been playing bass since 1976. I have played in several bands (cover mainly) and while i love almost all music out there, my particular passion is around the Motown and post Motown funk,groove and R&B genre. My current band (Souled Out) plays strictly SOul, R&B and Funk - old school. We are 3 piece with e great crooner, and are fortunate to be in a position where we have been booked right thru 2008 for every single weekend and then some.
My main rig consists of Bag End 15s (an SD and an SDX with tweeter), or an Epifani UL 2112 cab for brighter, funkier gig requirements. My main power is thru an Epifani PS 600, and an Eden WT 800 (for it's tube pre-amp- stage). I also use a Mesa Boogie Walkabout 1x12 for smaller gigs, and sometimes match the walkabout head with a Bergantino HTx112 for smaller gigs as well.
My main axes have been Warwicks up until i fell in love with a Ken Smith BRS 5 MW (Tiger Maple i think and a real honey). I own Warwick Thumb 4 and 5 fretted, and a Corvette standard 5 fretless. All except the thumb 4 are on the block (for sale) to make way for the Ken Smith. I also owned a Rickenbacker 403 Tuxedo 9Black/White), and a Fender Jazz 1998 deluxe, which i sold. I play a Taylor 314 acoustic for general relaxation(also play a Washburn rover travel acoustic for my travels).
The Ken Smith Bass i am near finalizing on is at Long & Mcquades, Serial N0. 5M472103T - with chrome h/w - any tips and insights intothis particular model would be appreciated - oh and they are asking Can $ 2500/= - is this a good price?

Thanks friends!!!
Old 03-07-2008, 08:34 PM
Senior Posting Member

Richard Prowse is on a distinguished road

You're a bit like Sting in that you only have one part to your name. I mention this because I'm thinking of going for a one part name myself. I thought that I might use a bit of my christian name and a bit of my surname. I thought that I might try 'Richowse'.
Any thoughts?