Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB)

Go Back   Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB) > Welcome To SmithBassForums

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 12:08 PM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Ken's Corner Intro...

Hello fellow Bass lovers. This is the new 'Smith Bass Forum' sponsored by Ken Smith Basses, Ltd., aka ME! Currently, this is a FREE Web Forum that anyone can read but only those properly registered can post. Joining to post is FREE as well. I am not looking to build the biggest Forum in the Bass world, just one that is Civil and enjoyable. There will be no commercial advertising other than from my company, Ken Smith Basses, Ltd. which can include any of the products we deal in as seen on our website.

Although this is the first time ever I have done something like this other than to post on other Forums as many of you many know (), this one is mine to govern as I see fit!

My basic rules include using Real names. The one Mom and Dad gave you or a shortened version of it. If you don't know, look on your drivers License, School ID card, SS card, phone bill, ask your Mailman, etc... So, no phony names allowed here. Everyone has the right to know who they are talking with and talking to. Even with real names, if your name is Stanley Clarke and you use Marcus Miller, I will ask for your Real name so please reply asap if this happens.

NOTE: Until you are approved you will not be able to Post on the Forum. This is done manually by me or Mike in my absence. I check the Forum several times as day so please be patient. If you sign in as a new member and you try posting you will be denied automatically by the system. As soon as you have been approved you can Post successfully.

This is basically a Bass Club with a few main topics. Please be patient while we develop the Forum. I do not care if you are 18 (or less), 90 years old, male or female or what have you (yes, females are welcome). As long as we are honest and civil, we can chat and have fun about our favorite subject, the Bass. On the DB side, it will be quite diverse and sectioned to let players discuss Plywood separately from Vintage Basses.

In the Electric Bass section (aka BG), it will be limited somewhat to the Host, Ken Smith Basses but some latitude will be allowed as long as it is not advertising. I want to see Smith users sharing experiences from all over the world. I will post data base type lists of models as time allows. There will be String Specials for members, etc.

In the DB side we will have sections for Luthiers and Pro players. In the BG side, I will be one of the Pros for building Qs and Woods as well.

There is also a room for Members to discuss non-Bass related subjects. This is called "The Bull Pit". I will welcome suggestions from any sane Member and some not so sane as well. Hey, we're just Bass players!

So, have fun and be sure to let me know if there are any questions, requests or problems. This Forum is being run and set-up by my son Michael who is some kind of computer Wiz kid. He has built his own computers, taken a college course for A+ certification (CompTIA) and also maintains a Gaming 'site. On Jan. 16th, he turned 16! He's only in 10th grade now but will be helping me run and develop this Forum so be nice to him if you cross paths.

Last edited by Mike Smith; 02-04-2007 at 01:24 PM. Reason: "Bull Pit" room now open for general non-Bass chat..
Old 01-21-2007, 02:45 PM
Administrator

Mike Smith is on a distinguished road
Default Using REAL Name

If you have signed up already and did not use your real name for your user name, you can pm me and we can fix that without you having to create a new account If it did so happen that you created a new account, tell me your old account name and I can have that removed no problem.

Note: After your name has been successfully changed, you will receive an email from us reporting the change. After this change, your login information will also be affected with the new user name for yourself.

If your having any issues/suggestions with either this or the main site, either pm or email me and I'll get back to you on that.

Can't find something on the main page or the forum? Try our new KSB Site Search.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:27 PM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Arrow User Profile!

Ok guys (and Gals if we have any here), this Forum is working well now using this new web approach of having a "Real Name" behind the written words. I see a good level of respect here and a welcomed lack of nonsense that other similar types of Bass Forums often have. This is what I was shooting for. A nice place to hang and talk about our favorite Bass related topics and some not so related as we have seen with our resident 'Zelander Richard Prowse (now joined by his brother Robert) who does mention the Bass now and then..lol

What's missing now are the "User Profiles" (aka User CP, upper left hand corner). While we know some about a some of you, a lot about some others and maybe more than we want to know about a few of you there are still quite a few Profiles that are either barely filled out or completely blank. It makes it much easier now that we know WHO you are (hopefully) when posting to at least know if you are a DB player, Smith BG player or other. On the DB side, it's great to know about your Basses and Bows. On the BG side, I think the same applies. If you got it, tell us about it.

Now that we have the "Real Name" issue fixed on all the Posting members (as Mike keeps it well maintained) I don't see why any one here would not fill out their Profile. If you have any questions or difficulties concerning the "Profile page", contact my son Mike and he will help you out with it.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:26 PM
Senior Posting Member

Matthew Tucker is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Matthew Tucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Smith View Post
I don't see why any one here would not fill out their Profile.
Well ... some users may prefer their privacy, that's a matter of choice, yeah?
Old 05-03-2007, 12:38 AM
Senior Posting Member

Richard Prowse is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Tucker View Post
Well ... some users may prefer their privacy, that's a matter of choice, yeah?
Not for Greg Clinkingbeard because he's the no 1 DB player on this site!
Old 05-03-2007, 05:17 PM
Posting Member

Greg Clinkingbeard is on a distinguished road

Richard, why are you taking over Ken's site? Every time I come over here most of the DB posts are by you and there is very little relevance to DB?
I love you man, but do you ever take a break?
Old 05-03-2007, 07:41 PM
Administrator

Mike Smith is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Clinkingbeard View Post
Richard, why are you taking over Ken's site? Every time I come over here most of the DB posts are by you and there is very little relevance to DB?
Some people just can't get enough of Ken's Corner and just need to be heard.

If your having any issues/suggestions with either this or the main site, either pm or email me and I'll get back to you on that.

Can't find something on the main page or the forum? Try our new KSB Site Search.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:16 AM
Senior Posting Member

Quote:
No Greg, I'm not taking over Ken's site. I only post my 'silly' stuff in the bull pit... which, I think, is for 'non bass related' topics. I only post DB stuff in the serious threads (Okay, one comment in this thread!
Sorry. ). There, I used a face that represents sincerity!
I sometimes use the bull pit as a relief from my very stressful job because I really enjoy writing. I do, however, always try to treat people with respect. If I'm not wanted here, just say so and I will go. No problem... I can take up modelling famous buildings out of match sticks.

On a lighter note: Greg, you're now ranked 43rd on the DB ranking system. Sorry.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:54 AM
Posting Member

Greg Clinkingbeard is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Sorry Man

Sorry for slamming you, Richard. I was out of line.
Your above post indicating I was the #1 player on this site set me off thinking you might spread some Bull over here. I know that couldn't possibly be true.

I love reading your writing over on Bull. If you do ever build a model of the Eiffel Tower please let me see it but please, don't take up a new hobby over this.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:42 PM
Senior Posting Member

Quote:
Sorry for slamming you, Richard. I was out of line.
Your above post indicating I was the #1 player on this site set me off thinking you might spread some Bull over here. I know that couldn't possibly be true.

I love reading your writing over on Bull. If you do ever build a model of the Eiffel Tower please let me see it but please, don't take up a new hobby over this.
Back to No. 1.
Well, it's my ranking system and I can run it how I like!
Old 02-11-2011, 09:04 PM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Exclamation Posting Language!

This is NOT an Adult language Forum. I have warned at least one person recently about Vulgar language posting. Children, Teens, Mothers, Grandmothers, Fathers, Grandfathers and Religious people read this Forum. You do not have to be a member to 'Read' the Forum.

Please consider and respect all ages of people when posting here on Ken's Corner.

As a musician which many of you are, language you use on your Gig or circle of friends might night be suitable for a Public all-ages Bass/Music/Instrument Forum.

Please keep it clean!
Old 03-20-2011, 08:35 AM
Senior Posting Member

Thomas Erickson is on a distinguished road

Not all users may be aware of the specific terms or subjects that are offensive here - one example from the forum would be terms for or references to urine - as was recently an issue I think, even when it was in (partial) reference to instrument making?

Clearly when it comes to a private environment, censorship is a right - but unless the terms are defined, enforcement is going to be unfair...
Old 03-20-2011, 01:45 PM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Exclamation ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Erickson View Post
Not all users may be aware of the specific terms or subjects that are offensive here - one example from the forum would be terms for or references to urine - as was recently an issue I think, even when it was in (partial) reference to instrument making?

Clearly when it comes to a private environment, censorship is a right - but unless the terms are defined, enforcement is going to be unfair...
Why are you bringing this up?
Old 03-20-2011, 04:32 PM
Senior Posting Member

Thomas Erickson is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Why are you bringing this up?
I'm not - it's your discussion thread, on your forum... I want to play by the rules, but if the rules aren't stated...
Old 03-20-2011, 05:20 PM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Lightbulb rules stated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Erickson View Post
I'm not - it's your discussion thread, on your forum... I want to play by the rules, but if the rules aren't stated...
Just act like a mature adult and respect all others regardless of age of gender and you will do just fine.

Actually, I am quite surprised you even posted about this. Seems like a no brainer to me. Must be a slow day.

If you have a question in the future, PM me and save the edit time from posting what might get deleted.

The is a bass forum mainly and a place for bass lovers to hang out, all ages. Pretend you are in someones house at a Thanksgiving dinner with a dozen families and the bass players are all ages, parents and kids. This is where you need to be mentally before posting.

Many of the people I sell basses to now were either very young when I started my business or not even born yet. Like you at 28 now. You weren't born when I started my business back in '78. Imagine if I had offended you when you were a teen just a decade ago. Would you be here now?

Keep it clean and rated for all ages, family style. You know what happened to the last guy that wouldn't!
Old 03-25-2011, 01:36 AM
Senior Posting Member

Quote:
Many of the people I sell basses to now were either very young when I started my business or not even born yet. Like you at 28 now. You weren't born when I started my business back in '78. Imagine if I had offended you when you were a teen just a decade ago. Would you be here now?
I love this sentence; whatever it means.
Somehow it seems to fit this picture posted by Mr Hauke.
Closed Thread