Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB)

Go Back   Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB) > Double Basses > Amps, etc. [DB]

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-11-2007, 02:07 PM
Junior Posting Member

Bob Rowlette is on a distinguished road
Default Euphonic Audio Wizzy M-Line

After using my new EA Wizzy M-Line for the past few days for double bass gigs, I have to say that everything I had heard and read about this cab is true and then some. The Wizzy M is absolutely fantastic. I even used it in a couple of rooms that have difficult acoustics, and the sound was wonderful. Very warm, deep and clear without any boom or mud. The depth and clarity were especially impressive. The way the lowest register speaks is pretty amazing, yet from the bottom to the top, you can hear everything, and the entire range of the bass is very even. I never had the urge to turn up the volume to be able to hear myself, which is something I especially liked. With my Walter Woods Electracoustic amp, I needed almost no EQ, even in the tough rooms. I also have a Euphonic Audio VL-208 as well as an original Wizzy E, and, to me, the Wizzy M is even better than either of those two very outstanding cabs. The M-Line is also nicely compact, lightweight, and easy to transport. If you get a chance to check out one of these cabs, I'd recommend it highly.