Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB)

Go Back   Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB) > Electric Basses > Woods, Electronics, & Components

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-19-2017, 07:32 PM
Junior Posting Member

Eddie Grady is on a distinguished road
Default 90s Burner fretboard question

Hey all, new here and got a query I'm hoping some of you Burner owners can help with.

I've got an early 90s Burner Custom 5-string (quilted maple body, maple/walnut neck). I'd been after one for a long time and came across one being sold on the Talkbass boards. It had been defretted and lined, albeit a very good defret, but I decided to buy it and have it shipped to the UK and refretted for my own purposes.

Unfortunately in the course of the defret the fretboard had been sanded down somewhat, removing the serial number in the process, and during the refret it had to be sanded down yet again, which left the fretboard a fair bit thinner than it would have been, which left the refret a little rougher than I've been happy with.

I've now decided to have the fretboard completely replaced and have the bass restored back to how it was when it left the factory, and I'm trying to find out how thick the fretboards were on Burner 5 strings from this era. Unfortunately Ken has no details on this, so I'm reaching out to you good folks, and hopefully I can get measurements from a few of you and take an average? Thanks for reading, and for any help you can give me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1378078_604180949620364_1241714097_n.jpg
Views:	1384
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	3564