Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB)

Go Back   Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB) > Electric Basses > Woods, Electronics, & Components

Old 12-26-2007, 01:51 AM
Junior Posting Member

Cristian Fiol is on a distinguished road
Default Burner Modification

Hello, I have a Burner 6 with this number in the fret
24 # 951351AM6, I would like to know if I can install a set of soapbars pickups of Smith, like those offered on the web, and the consultation is whether function without changing the bridge since those
These are working, but I like more the sound of that brings covertor metal, and also I would like to install an electronic circuit with 5 knobs, I like to control media (which would install a professional, would have to make a hole for the driver of media in wood) and I guess that sounds like better, I would appreciate the opinion of you understood ,
And I apologize if there are any errors in making the questions, I am using a translator, I speak only Spanish, thanks again
Old 12-26-2007, 02:10 AM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Cool soaps..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristian TRBP View Post
Hello, I have a Burner 6 with this number in the fret
24 # 951351AM6, I would like to know if I can install a set of soapbars pickups of Smith, like those offered on the web, and the consultation is whether function without changing the bridge since those
These are working, but I like more the sound of that brings covertor metal, and also I would like to install an electronic circuit with 5 knobs, I like to control media (which would install a professional, would have to make a hole for the driver of media in wood) and I guess that sounds like better, I would appreciate the opinion of you understood ,
And I apologize if there are any errors in making the questions, I am using a translator, I speak only Spanish, thanks again
The Burner has a 16mm spaced bridge. The Smith Pickups fit only the 18mm spacing we make in our shop. Your pickups are actually louder and a copy of our pickup as well. It has internal poles under the pickup cover as well.
Old 12-26-2007, 06:47 PM
Junior Posting Member

Cristian Fiol is on a distinguished road

What happens is that I can not sound classic slap (from Smith in the series more expensive), and I would like to get closer to that sound more, but at this point it's hard for me to buy a bass the top model , wanted to see if any modification more economical, such as buying a bridge and pickups, including the circuit ELECTRONICS 5 knobs of 18v, could arrive at a sound similar to the low of superior quality, I very pleased with the size of the bass , I feel very comfortable playing with him, I like very much as it looks, is a very nice model (for the price), wait for it over 13 years, and I am very pleased with the instrument as such, only that I want a sound as the top model, thanks Ken