Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB)

Go Back   Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB) > Double Basses > Music [DB] > Classical and Symphony Bass Playing

Old 01-14-2008, 07:45 PM
Junior Posting Member

Katie Long is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up I want your ears and your eyes!

Hello all!

Here at the college, our graduation year students are gearing up for their final recitals. My friend however is having MASSIVE problems with his teacher, so I'm looking for outside feedback on his playing from people that don't know him or his teacher and are nothing to do with the college. I am planning to film his recital programme (which is definitely work in progress and please bear in mind he is having an absolutely awful time with this terrible person (who I will not name, so don't try it!) ) and I'm just looking for brains to pick. Unfortunately his self esteem is at a low right now which is not what we need, so constructive criticism would be brilliant if you could find time to give it.

If you think you have about 40 minutes of your life that you can give to watch some of his playing and give some proper knowledgeable feedback via email or whatever then please send me a PM or email me at caketea@hotmail.co.uk. I'm looking for people that see the good in peoples playing as well as that which could be improved, and since this forum is full of lovely, brilliant bassists, I wondered if anyone could help me out. It would mean so much to both of us and it might just help someone graduate! It doesn't matter if you're an orchestral, solo or chamber player or a teacher or retired or anything, if you're prepared to lend an ear then I would be very grateful.

I would post it on the recordings but I did promise him I wouldn't put it in the public domain!

Last edited by Katie Long; 01-14-2008 at 07:46 PM. Reason: removed the name of the college concerned as i don't want to get kicked out!
Old 01-14-2008, 07:57 PM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Cool so..

You would email the recording to each person then? Is that the plan? Would would the format be or program required to hear it?

Put me on the list but if possible, PM it to me here within the forum. My email is at the office and I don't have time there to listen to a 40 minute tape. I don't have email here at home either so the forum is the best way to send me things when I am home. Go figure..
Old 01-14-2008, 08:21 PM
Junior Posting Member

Katie Long is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

I suppose I could try and put it on YouTube but as a private video, or under some really random tags or something. It's quite important that the college people don't know about this and particularly don't associate me with it.

I don't really know, I tend to put my lesson vids on the PC with Nero or something like that. I'll definitely put you on the list Ken so thanks very much for your support. I do really value your opinions!

Ta again guys
Old 02-15-2008, 04:23 PM
Junior Posting Member

JustinKujawski is on a distinguished road

This sounds like a terrible idea.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:09 PM
Senior Posting Member

Calvin Marks is on a distinguished road

I can pass the video onto my teacher if you wish. He's been in the game for over 40 years and is always willing to help someone out.

Tell me the link, and I'll pass it onto Ed.