Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB)

Go Back   Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB) > New Forum Member Introductions

Old 04-10-2007, 04:49 PM
Junior Posting Member

Pieter Gaskin is on a distinguished road
Default Hello From Northern N.Y. State

Hello Everyone,
My name is Pieter Gaskin and I am from,what is known as,The North Country of New York State.I live about 40 miles from the Canadian border.I am 40 something and have been playing bass guitar since I was 14 yrs. old.I enjoy most forms of music and have played quite a few different styles also.
Most of my musical experience began as a trumpet player in my Elementary school.I started bass in my teens to fill a position of a departing senior in the H.S. Stage Band.I then went on to a Community college as a trumpet major,but was soon discovered to be a much better bass player.
Since then I have played in a variety of local bands and still play in a originals act on the rare occasion.
I love exotic basses.This has been a fasination since my first which was an Alembic Persuader.I have owned many over the years,but strangely enough never a Ken Smith.Never had the opportunity to play one.
I am also into building bass guitars and am looking forward to completing my first from scratch.I have built a few kits over the years,but have never taken on anything like this.It will take a long time as family commitments and finances make this "experiment" a drawn out one.Someday I hope to make a few as a hobby that other's might enjoy.
I wish I lived closer to Ken's factory so that I could work there as I love wood.My wife calls me a "bass nerd".....I guess I am .
I am looking forward to learning from the other members here and already have learned so much from the website's pictures.
Thanks for having this place.
Pete
Old 04-10-2007, 06:26 PM
Senior Posting Member

Richard Prowse is on a distinguished road

Hi Pete. Good to have someone here from Up There (Near Canada).
Perhaps you should start a thread in the bull pit called Up There (Near Canada).
I might even start one for you!