Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB)

Go Back   Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB) > The Bull Pit

View Poll Results: Which browser are you currently using?
Mozilla Firefox 28 65.12%
Internet Explorer 10 23.26%
Opera 0 0%
Netscape's Browser 0 0%
Safari 2 4.65%
Other 3 6.98%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-30-2007, 04:32 AM
Posting Member

Robert Prowse is on a distinguished road
Default explorer rules

Download latest explorer update! Then tell me firefox is better!
Old 05-30-2007, 12:15 PM
Posting Member

Steve_M is on a distinguished road

Download the latest Firefox update and then install some of the free browsing plug-ins. IE still doesn't compare.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:39 PM
Administrator

Mike Smith is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Prowse View Post
Download latest explorer update! Then tell me firefox is better!
IE7? Yes, there have been improvements, also, if you haven't noticed, they ripped a lot of things straight from firefox, such as the tabbed interface or even the rss feed icon. And as far as security goes, IE7 IS more secure than previous versions, but it's still much easier to get malware through IE than it is through firefox. If you haven't had problems in the past with either IE or Firefox, then your safe browsing habits will provide security in its own in which case, it really doesn't matter which you use, as long as you like that choice.

If your having any issues/suggestions with either this or the main site, either pm or email me and I'll get back to you on that.

Can't find something on the main page or the forum? Try our new KSB Site Search.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:05 PM
Junior Posting Member

Benjamin Bates is on a distinguished road

I have firefox, but my lecturers at Uni prefer Safari, that one wasn't on your poll, but I find it quick and easy to use.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:30 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Bates View Post
I have firefox, but my lecturers at Uni prefer Safari, that one wasn't on your poll, but I find it quick and easy to use.
yes, I probably should have added Safari to the list, considering it's the default browser on most Mac machines nowadays (i sometimes just forget all about mac users). Safari is pretty similar in Firefox though, has many of the same useful features such as the tabbed interface and integrated spell checking. Prefer Safari over Firefox? I guess that's up to you, At this point, I'm pretty much Firefox for life

If your having any issues/suggestions with either this or the main site, either pm or email me and I'll get back to you on that.

Can't find something on the main page or the forum? Try our new KSB Site Search.
Old 12-03-2007, 12:39 PM
Senior Posting Member

David Powell is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan haskins View Post
hey Mike (or any other tech-savy person) -

Do you have any idea why Firefox would delete itself? I'm running OSX 10.4 on my wife's MacBook, and we've installed Firefox four times now. It keeps deleting itself on shutdown.

Not interested in browsing tech sites (spent too much time doing it in the 90's) -

Stan
Strange indeed. I have been running Firefox on my Macbook since I bought it in August '06. It is OS version 10.41. There might be some incompatible software somewhere else in the machine that conflicts, but on my machine Firefox and the Mac OS have had no problems at all. I still use Safari for network use because it allows file sharing through the browser, but for general internet use I use Firefox all the time.

The only disadvantage to Firefox is that there is no version for OS9 for those times when one want to boot up some nostalgia.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:47 PM
Administrator

Just thought i would mention, recently, i felt like the current firefox updates haven't been doing it for me, and performance was being hit severely. I took the risk of grabbing firefox v3 release candidate 2, and i must say, the improvements are great. First thing you notice, is its performance. Lately, regardless of my 2gb of ram and overall beast of a computer, firefox would lag while opening several tabs simulataneously, but after installing the beta version of firefox, my problems have gone away. Give it a try if you feel like you've been let down lately with the fox as I have

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-rc.html

Old 06-19-2008, 02:26 PM
Administrator

Firefox v3 is now officially out and had 9 MILLION downloads in its first 24 hours of being released... the count is almost up to 12 million.

http://www.spreadfirefox.com/en-US/worldrecord/

they got so many downloads that it actually crashed their servers. http://www.informationweek.com/news/...leID=208700161