Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB)

Go Back   Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB) > The Bull Pit

Old 06-25-2010, 08:06 AM
Senior Posting Member

Joel Larsson is on a distinguished road
Default the Where's Joel thread

A bunch of days ago, I got an email that I had gotten a private message from Anselm. He missed me, the poor chap! (He also wanted to know a bit about Norwegian bass players, but that's a whole other story.) So, in order to relieve you of your worries, I decided to let you gentlemen know what has happened to me.

As my roomie in Zürich decided to move back to his native Germany, I realised just what I had to do—that is, leave that awful city and horrendous country for the greener pastures back home! It so happened that I already had a flight ticket for Sweden in a few weeks, so I packed my stuff and posted that which I couldn't fit, told the school and my professor about it, however much the latter pained me. (The school seemed pretty used to students bailing out and my teacher understood just how the place drove me crazy—plus, he would retain his salary even after I quit!) In those few remaining weeks, I contacted the cousin of a friend whom I visited when they both shared a house last summer, where she still lives with her German boyfriend. I moved in after about a month at my parents' place, and has just been enjoying myself immensely since. Drinking tea, listening to public radio, going for walks or bike rides, doing the occasional gig, losing my bows on the train only to find them three weeks later, trying out the Kolstein Soft and liking it a lot, and deciding to finish off my studies in Gothenburg next semester. Summer's been great so far, with very moderate temperatures and just enough rain. Life's good. Recently, my friend also moved back in. You people should come on a visit. It's a beautiful area, and the house is part of a beautiful estate owned by the grandparents of my friend and the cousin, which is one of about 20 buildings in the county/region that has been marked as especially important for the cultural history. (Which, for instance, means that the museum is paying for the restoration of the roof on the outbuildings that's currently being done.)

So, well, I guess I basically traded a central apartment in a European metropolis for the simple life in the countryside. I know some would prefer to do it the other way round, but what do they know.
Oh, and, I guess this is by no means a comeback—I don't have internet out there! I'm at my parents' place now. The cousin has some mobile connection, but apart from almost being out of range from the closest antenna, it's already the slowest possible option. Add to that a very old and unbelievably virus-infected computer, slowing it down to remind you of what PCs were like in the 90's, and there is little time for internet these days. What can you say. It's the countryside.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:35 AM
Senior Posting Member

Anselm Hauke is on a distinguished road

joel!

good to hear from you again, and thanks for your help.

enjoy your countrylife (and found a norwegian bluegrass-band)
(you can play that beatles song, you know which i mean )

anselm