Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB)

Go Back   Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB) > New Forum Member Introductions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-25-2013, 10:02 PM
Junior Posting Member

johnadamcotter is on a distinguished road
Default Hello From Philly!

Hi everyone. First I would like to say that there is no finer bass on the plane than a ken smith. I had mine a long time and nothing comes close. Unfortunately several years ago mine was stolen. I didn't have insurance on it, and the store I bought it from had just changed hands (al Biens, now west chester music) and the record was lost. HOWEVER I did have the foresight to stamp my name under the serial number. John Adam Cotter, it was a bolt on, cr custom, 1991 i think. it has several distinguishing features\
1. someone tore out its guts and installed alembec electronics (never worked right, picked up radio stations in the studio) kept the original adjustible pole soap bars
2 they cut the bottom horn and then glued it to the top one, shaping it to look more like jerry garcia's 1990's guitars. for balance? who knows.
3 I inlaid a tiger eye / malacite stone between the pickups (oval)
4 maple wings
It has been gopne years, and I would gladly pay $$$ for it's return. This is the only place enough ken smith owners gather to catch it. perhaps someone was stupid enough to bring it to mr smith for repair. one can only hop. it was reported to phill police in 2008 but they don't care, even then i didn't think he really filled out the report.

well i loved that bass and have been saving for a another used ken smith 6 string ever since. i have kids, so every time i get close, an unforseen expense comes up and i'm back at the start.\\

no more negativity from me, i'm here to enjot all of your basses, and word of advice, it costs less than 80 bucks a year to insure your ken smith, do it. do not count on homeowner's or rental, state farm gave my dad 1200 for a 1954 fender frecision in perfect condition. so insure your gear properly.

click on the pic to see a photoshop mock up i made, couldn't find an actual pic.close tho.
love,
john adam cotter
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hotbass.jpg
Views:	861
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	2824