Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB)

Go Back   Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB) > New Forum Member Introductions

Old 10-25-2011, 02:15 PM
Junior Posting Member

Matt Chmielecki is on a distinguished road
Default Greetings from South Carolina

Hey everyone!

I recently purchased a totally mint 2009 BSR6GN with a Tiger Maple top / back, and a Western Maple core. I had been looking for the perfect Smith for quite some time, and I think I found it. I was dead set on either a recent EG or GN model, and I am pleased that I had the patience to wait for this one. This is by far the finest instrument I have ever owned. I have wanted a Smith for many years, but have really been "obsessing" about it (as my wife would call it) for the past 2 years or so- ever since I played my buddy's BSR 5. I was like a kid waiting for Christmas to come as I checked the UPS tracking site, refreshing the page insanely often throughout the day, ensuring that I was aware of each and every movement of my package. I finally received the bass on a Friday evening, and used it for band rehearsal that night, as well as for 2 days of studio work Sat and Sun and a club gig with my Funk/Rock group on Sat night. It is perfect for me. As my friend with the BSR 5 told me, "You will never regret this decision". I am sure he is right.

I am a part-time musician (full-time IT Manager), and average about 6 gigs per month with a Funk/Rock band and a Jazz/Fusion trio. I play all around coastal and central SC. I play and actively gig on both bass guitar and "regular" electric guitar, and for most of my life I thought of myself as a guitarist primarily, but the past few years I have seriously begun concentrating on bass almost exclusively, and thus I decided to buy a serious instrument. This "shift" to bass has really made me happier and helped me grow musically. I think this is what I was meant to do. I am proud to have a Smith as well as to be a part of this community.

-Matt
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ken2.jpg
Views:	528
Size:	124.5 KB
ID:	2231  Click image for larger version

Name:	ken6.jpg
Views:	520
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	2232  
Old 10-26-2011, 06:38 AM