Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB)

Go Back   Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB) > Electric Basses > Smith Basses, Handmade

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2012, 10:46 PM
Senior Posting Member

Tim Bishop is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Fox View Post
If the seller is to be believed, all mods came straight from the shop. He claimed to have worked at KSB in the 1990's, and told me he had this bass built while employed there. His name is Scott He_ _ _ _d. It was sold without a case, btw.

The pics are interesting. First one is the lower bout: no jack plug hole ever drilled as far as I can tell.

Next is the control cavity. Yes, jack plug goes through the rout usually designated for tone pot. Looks like pretty good work to me! And if anyone would like to chime in, I'd like to know whether this is the old 9v BT circuit, or if it's the BMT minus the mid.

And finally, here's the maker's mark.

So there you have it. I'd be interested to hear anything that Ken might recollect or have to say about the bass or the story that came with it. And I appreciate your eyes, Tim: I haven't spent enough time with enough different KS basses to be able to quickly discern something as noticeable as a jack plug where a tone pot should be!
Well, looks like this bass was ordered this way. Nice bass, very clean. I have a '92 BT5G Zebra. Looks similar to this one, except a neck-thru with same woods, however, 3 band pre. I LOVE it!