Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB)

Go Back   Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB) > Electric Basses > Smith Basses, Handmade

Old 04-20-2007, 10:13 PM
Junior Posting Member

Darren Lipper is on a distinguished road
Default Thanks to Albert Smith for a slamming new Smith!

Just want to give a shout-out and thanks to member Albert Smith for hooking me up with a sweet Smith 4-string.

You can check out pics of it in the used section, its the 2001 4-string...

Anyways, I basically had the same bass for 8 years, but it was the CR body shape... playing standing up is very important for me, and I was having wrist issues with how the neck sticks out on the CR body.... so I have been on a quest to find a 4-string similar to mine with the BSR body style.

Well, I came across this site, and Al Smith has exactly what I have been looking for, for 1100 bucks... AND he is a 20 min. train ride from me...

I have had this bass for a few days, and I am getting ready to go to a salsa gig with it tonight... all I can see is WOW WOW WOW... the bass sounds amazing, is in PERFECT SHAPE, looks BEAUTIFUL, balances great thanks to the BSR shape, and is slightly LIGHTER than my other Smith.... finally, complete comfort with the Ken Smith sound!

I have played all the brands, from Rouge to Ritter, and this has to be the most bang for the buck I have ever seen...

Al, you are good people and I sincerely thank you for allowing me to own this wonderful bass...

Peace

Darren
Old 04-20-2007, 10:46 PM
Senior Posting Member

Albert Smith is on a distinguished road
Default Enjoy The Groove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Lipper View Post
Just want to give a shout-out and thanks to member Albert Smith for hooking me up with a sweet Smith 4-string.

You can check out pics of it in the used section, its the 2001 4-string...

Anyways, I basically had the same bass for 8 years, but it was the CR body shape... playing standing up is very important for me, and I was having wrist issues with how the neck sticks out on the CR body.... so I have been on a quest to find a 4-string similar to mine with the BSR body style.

Well, I came across this site, and Al Smith has exactly what I have been looking for, for 1100 bucks... AND he is a 20 min. train ride from me...

I have had this bass for a few days, and I am getting ready to go to a salsa gig with it tonight... all I can see is WOW WOW WOW... the bass sounds amazing, is in PERFECT SHAPE, looks BEAUTIFUL, balances great thanks to the BSR shape, and is slightly LIGHTER than my other Smith.... finally, complete comfort with the Ken Smith sound!

I have played all the brands, from Rouge to Ritter, and this has to be the most bang for the buck I have ever seen...

Al, you are good people and I sincerely thank you for allowing me to own this wonderful bass...

Peace

Darren
From one Bass Player to another enjoy the Groove, Being that I have totally fallen in love with the work Ken has done on my Cr 6, and I play it on the regular I just couldn't see having such a beautiful Bass just sitting in the case. I'm happy knowing that I have sold it to someone who will use it to its full potential.
Darren, your good people enjoy the bass and enjoy the Groove!