Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB)

Go Back   Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB) > Welcome To SmithBassForums

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-26-2014, 10:21 PM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up 35 years..

Today after 35 years I stamped and packed up Smith Bass #6400 (plus model letters and date numbers). It was a 6 string Black Tiger Elite in high figure flamed walnut (22 year old stock.) Yesterday I shipped another of the same model, #6399 but in high figure crotch walnut (16 year old stock.) A few more basses will go out next week and so on. I remember when the first few basses in Pennsylvania were done and I stamped #201 on the first bass of that group. I never knew then how we would do with making basses in the future out in Pennsylvania, but 6200 basses later (and a few in the rack and production nearly completed), I can say it was a good move getting out of NYC and into the fresh air out here. Doing the same thing over and over maintaining the quality and goals day after day and year after year I think is the true test to commitment. It took 35 years to get to this point and I don't see an end. With my small crew and I, 'we do what we are' and with pride! I would like to thank all the Smith Bass & String customers and supporters as we work through our 4th decade of making great basses and bass products. Ken Smith..