Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB)

Go Back   Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB) > Welcome To SmithBassForums

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 01:45 PM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Exclamation ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Erickson View Post
Not all users may be aware of the specific terms or subjects that are offensive here - one example from the forum would be terms for or references to urine - as was recently an issue I think, even when it was in (partial) reference to instrument making?

Clearly when it comes to a private environment, censorship is a right - but unless the terms are defined, enforcement is going to be unfair...
Why are you bringing this up?
Old 03-20-2011, 04:32 PM
Senior Posting Member

Thomas Erickson is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Smith View Post
Why are you bringing this up?
I'm not - it's your discussion thread, on your forum... I want to play by the rules, but if the rules aren't stated...
Old 03-20-2011, 05:20 PM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb rules stated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Erickson View Post
I'm not - it's your discussion thread, on your forum... I want to play by the rules, but if the rules aren't stated...
Just act like a mature adult and respect all others regardless of age of gender and you will do just fine.

Actually, I am quite surprised you even posted about this. Seems like a no brainer to me. Must be a slow day.

If you have a question in the future, PM me and save the edit time from posting what might get deleted.

The is a bass forum mainly and a place for bass lovers to hang out, all ages. Pretend you are in someones house at a Thanksgiving dinner with a dozen families and the bass players are all ages, parents and kids. This is where you need to be mentally before posting.

Many of the people I sell basses to now were either very young when I started my business or not even born yet. Like you at 28 now. You weren't born when I started my business back in '78. Imagine if I had offended you when you were a teen just a decade ago. Would you be here now?

Keep it clean and rated for all ages, family style. You know what happened to the last guy that wouldn't!
Old 03-25-2011, 01:36 AM
Senior Posting Member

Richard Prowse is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Smith View Post
Many of the people I sell basses to now were either very young when I started my business or not even born yet. Like you at 28 now. You weren't born when I started my business back in '78. Imagine if I had offended you when you were a teen just a decade ago. Would you be here now?
I love this sentence; whatever it means.
Somehow it seems to fit this picture posted by Mr Hauke.
Closed Thread