Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB)

Go Back   Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB) > Double Basses > Bows (and Rosin etc)

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 01:01 PM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb KSB Bows for Sale (German B.Fendt Model)

As mentioned in another Thread here (seen below), we have our own model Bass Bow available in either French or German in 3 grades each. These are not your cheap $99. Bows as seen on other Websites or low grade Ebay Bows. This are good quality Bows that list for $200, $400 and $600. Forum readers can buy them from us at a 20% discount off list by just contacting me. We also include a cake of Kolstein Rosin for only $10. addl. with purchase. Shipping in USA is $10. flat rate by UPS. Canada is $25. For other areas, please inquire.

I can also pick the weight desired from existing stock and test them for you to meet your requirements within the range of Bows we have.

All KSB Bows are now offered with black hair and whalebone type grips only. Here is the link to our KSB Bow page; http://www.kensmithbasses.com/Double.../KSB_bows.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Smith View Post
Last year I get an email from a Chinese Bow maker offering to supply me with Bows from his shop. I tell him I am not the easiest to please as I have personally owned and used Bows by Sartory, Morizot, Bisch, G.Villuame, Vitalie, Lipkins, Eibert, Bazin and Bultitude which were all great Bows. I told him my personal specs and he then offered to make me a sample.

A few weeks later the sample arrived and I could not believe this Bow came from China. The only other exception I have seen was a few handmade Bows from China in the hands of Symphony professionals that are one offs and I also bought 2 of the 4 Bows Sam Shen made in 1997 but he has not made any since.

I was curious to see if they could make other Bows as good so I took a chance and ordered only 10 Bows. They came in and were just as good. I gave them my comments for QC and then ordered 20 Bows. Again, as good as the last plus they listen! Then I ordered 50 Bows and again, all the tweaks and changes I requested were done! Now I take the plunge and get the 100 piece order that they required for a small discount and once again, a sigh of relief that I have Bows I can sell with confidence.

As soon as I have the time, I will update my KSB Bow page showing the changes as we no longer use white hair or wrapped silver on the grips. We have switched to all Black hair which is better for this grade Bow and imitation Whalebone Grips throughout.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:58 PM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Thumbs up Update.. KSB Bow Sale

To date we have sold close to 200 the various KSB model bows.

Currently we are down to just a dozen or so of the higher grade $600 models that we sell for $480 net plus shipping.

With just these few bows left in stock I am offering them at a special price of just $400 plus shipping. The additional $80 discount will pay for your first re-hair when needed.

We have the C.Loveri model French Bow in 142 and 144 gram weights and a few of the B.Fendt German Bows left in 144 and 148 gram weights. All Bows currently have black bow hair and whalebone style grips.

At this time we will not be ordering in anymore in the near future. Get yours while this limited supply lasts.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:36 PM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Lightbulb Update..

All of the French model Bows have sold out of our Stock. We do however still have a few of the German B. Fendt model bows, the upper end of the 3 models we have offered.

I am still offering these few remaining Bows at a special price of just $400 plus shipping.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:08 PM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Lightbulb Sold Out.. (Discontinued)

The KSB Bows are now totally sold out. Although there might be a few bows still left at the few shops I sold them to awhile ago but our stock is completely gone and this line of bows is now discontinued.
Closed Thread