Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB)

Go Back   Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB) > Double Basses > This Old Bass > Yankee and Vintage American Basses

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-19-2011, 04:52 PM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up yes..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Karn View Post
Ken - Seeing that picture of Arnold's JB Allen made me think of Phil Palombi's Allen. Here are a couple of pictures i found, hopefully they're not too small
Attachment 2218
Attachment 2220

Ok, for some reason the picture of the labels doesn't enlarge, but this page has several larger pictures, just scroll down
Yes, I know of that bass and one other JB Allen as well. Thanks for posting it here. I have to say though that the one I just posted looks to be in better overall condition that the other two, this one included. Mine has its original varnish cleaned and polished, the original tuners and plates with a 4th tuner for the 'D' added parallel to the 'A' tuner and sharing a split shaft as well. The Back crossbars were replaced with similar sized ones as the original. Plus, it is the one written up in ISB's Bass World in 2004. The strings on the bass here are 12 year old Flexocor 92s so not the best sound it can have but the strings were barely played on in those 12 years.