Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB)

Go Back   Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB) > Double Basses > Bows (and Rosin etc)

Old 05-29-2009, 09:27 PM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Bows at the ISB..

I started this Thread about coming to the ISB a few weeks back but since then something has happened on the Bow end of things.

I advertised that I will have Bows by Sue Lipkins as well as others but the two Lipkins Bows I had have since been sold. On the Lipkins make, to ease any sorrow about not having them I will bring my Lipkins Sartory model so at least I have one to show.

Also, about a week ago I get a call from a dealer friend of mine who mentioned he couldn't make the Show and asked if I could use some extra Bows at the Booth to show? I said maybe, what kind of Bows? he replied, Bazin, Fetique, Pfretzschner etc.. My eyes lit up.

Today I received two boxes with a total of 17 Bows in them. I have a Lotte and Ouchard in the pack as well as several beautiful high end German Bows. One is a gold mounted Snakewood Bow by Jan Krusig? Don't know him but the bow is beautiful with the screw in Snakewood to match. In total I received 9 French Bows and 7 German Bows. The lowest priced bow in the pack is an English maker who went to study in Italy and made this Bow in Verona, priced to move at only $2400. The only living maker in the French bows is G.Lucchi. All the rest are oldies..

I also have two beautiful bows in German style stamped G.Werner. Anyone know who or what that is?

Anyway, I will have these plus a bunch of my own collection as well as all of the KSB Bows I have in stock in the higher grade French and German models so if you are Bow shopping, come by and see me before you make any decisions about a new Bow.

All in all, I have Bows from $120 (low end German) on up to $11k in classic pedigree French.