Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB)

Go Back   Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB) > Electric Basses > KSD - Ken Smith Design

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 11:14 PM
Junior Posting Member

Brooklyn Gear is on a distinguished road
Default Hi from Brooklyn Gear

Hi

I just wanted to introduce myself to the forum. My name is Adam Levy and I am the owner of Brooklyn Gear. Brooklyn Gear is the distributor and manufacturer of the KSD Bass line.

Ken Smith has been gracious enough to design this great bass line. It is my responsibility to manufacture and distribute and support the line up to Ken Smith standards.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me directly at adaml@brooklyngear.com or ksd@brooklyngear.com

Look forward to hearing from you
Adam
Old 09-12-2007, 01:59 AM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up whew....

Adam, thanks for signing up. I feel the relief coming already. Although we use full names here as a policy, as long as we know who you are and why you are here, we can let the name thing slide.

If people start calling you Mr.Gear, then I guess you could politely correct them..lol Till then, thanks for signing in Brooklyn. Is that Brook' for short by the way?
Old 05-09-2008, 08:41 PM
Junior Posting Member

George Shippey is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to George Shippey

Adam it would be nice to hear from you when KSD basses will be in stock I have bought one five months ago wrote to your email, phoned your offices. My supplier is one of your main dealers and he cannot get you to answer the phone or any emails sent to him. Personally, I don't care if Ken Smith is upset and moans that it is not his fault. The product is designed and therefore endorsed by him.

George Shippey
Old 05-14-2008, 08:16 AM
Junior Posting Member

Brooklyn Gear is on a distinguished road
Default Please read my response Mr. Shippey

Mr. Shippey

I have responded to your emails and when I have accurate dates on when the new basses are ready you will be informed. I will not release basses before they are ready. I would rather be criticized for having shipping delays than releasing a bad bass.

Best regards
Adam Levy
Old 05-22-2008, 05:10 PM
Junior Posting Member

Default Reply To Mr Levy

Dear Adam:
I have promised not to say anything more in the forum about KSDs. The product is excellent. I have written to you by snail mail from London UK and I hope that I will be hearing some good news from you with your reply.

George Shippey
Old 05-27-2008, 06:07 PM
Junior Posting Member

Angry Thanks Mr Levy

I bought three KSD705s two of the dealers refunded the money and one dealer has said he does not know when if ever. I will be able to have my bass. One dealer who is sells a substantial proportion of KSDs has said to me he will never carry them again, a copy of the email I enclosed to you when will they be available six months to wait is a long time are you in business or not. If not I can get my third refund and invest it in something else. the name Ken Smith Design and Ken Smith really makes me quite upset.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:23 AM
Senior Posting Member

Bob Faulkner is on a distinguished road

Wow, you made it 5 days after posting that you wouldn't post anymore about this..

Honestly man, don't hold Ken responsible for this. If you want to see your bass delivered on time and have astounding quality, order a Smith.. KSD may be a good bass, but it's not worth the apparent pain you're suffering trying to get one. If Brooklyn Gear can't deliver product, they will fold in short order and the whole mess will just be a bad memory.

My band's site:
Delusional Mind
Old 05-28-2008, 01:52 PM
Junior Posting Member

Angry I think you are right

I would also be wary of purchasing anything at the moment because I am nervous about being disappointed again

Last edited by George Shippey; 05-28-2008 at 07:00 PM. Reason: to correct statement
Old 05-28-2008, 04:35 PM
Senior Posting Member

Bob Faulkner is on a distinguished road

No reason to be wary. As an owner of a Ken Smith bass for the past 7 years, I can attest there is nothing else like it.. He delivered my bass almost 2 months earlier than promised..

I've never had a problem getting in touch with Ken for anything. Though you may not always like what he says or how he says it, there is no trouble in getting an answer from him about his business.

My band's site:
Delusional Mind
Old 05-28-2008, 04:38 PM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Angry Wtf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Shippey View Post
I would also be wary of Ken Smith as well after all this bass is endorsed by him
Who are you really working for?

How dare you sit in 'my house' and openly question my credibility?

I helped design a Bass for Brooklyn Gear.
What am I guilty of?
Old 05-28-2008, 06:43 PM
Junior Posting Member

Default Reply To Ken Smith

I have submitted a private message to you. If you visit talkbass forum you will see many people like myself asking if you can't use your influence to convince Brooklyn Gear to be up front with their customers and say when spares and stocks will be available. Will it be in two months, three months or six months all we want is what we have paid for. Secondly, I don't work for another manufacturer or supplier just a bassist who feels badly let down.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:42 PM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Lightbulb Ask him..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Gear View Post
Mr. Shippey

I have responded to your emails and when I have accurate dates on when the new basses are ready you will be informed. I will not release basses before they are ready. I would rather be criticized for having shipping delays than releasing a bad bass.

Best regards
Adam Levy
Ask him, not me. You and many others are confusing KSB, me and my company with BG, another company I did some design work for. I have no powers over them. I wish I had better news but until BG can get the QC up to par, things will remain as-is. There are many factors here but none of them as far as KSD's are concerned have much to do with me or my products at this time.
Old 06-08-2008, 07:33 PM
Junior Posting Member

Default KSD Bass

I was pleased to know that there are some KSDs in transit as well as spare parts and that the issues have been resolved. I think that rebranding the bass would be a strategic mistake considering that some of the reviews by owners have been very positive. Personally, I own a Sadowsky, and I have gigged and recorded with a television orchestra for the past several months. The conductor and other musicians prefer the tone of the KSD to Sadowsky. Some people felt that they could adjust the truss rod themselves with the wrong wrench, as well as other issues which Adam assures us now has been resolved. If I was Brooklyn Gears Brand manager I would make the new production run as KSD MKII which would be best for his company and reassure break the associations with the problems of the past. I wish Adam and Ken all the best and hope that I will receive my bass one day.
Old 10-16-2009, 04:40 PM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Lightbulb News..

The KSD line of Basses is now the product of D'Andrea Inc.

Story available here.
Closed Thread