Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB)

Go Back   Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB) > Double Basses > Double Bass Talk in General

Old 01-31-2007, 09:01 AM
Senior Posting Member

Arnold Schnitzer is on a distinguished road
Default Homer Mensch Memorial Concert

I had the pleasure of attending this warm and fuzzy event Monday night at Juilliard. Kurt Muroki did a fabulous job putting it together! The college president spoke eloquently about Mr. Mensch, and the attendees represented the who's who of USA bassists. The performers were mostly great, and a young Japanese bassist, Tomoyo??, was the hit of the evening. I discovered at the reception (good food!) that he is 21 and a double major, studying both bass and percussion. Kurt, do you think you could publish the program here? I seem to have lost mine. Anyway, in summary, Homer Mensch was a big talent both as a bassist and teacher, was well-respected and revered by all who crossed his path. The evening was an outpouring of love and respect for someone who touched many, many lives in a positive way.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:46 AM
Posting Member

Nick Hart is on a distinguished road

I wish I could have been there but once again school stopped me from getting to NY. Arnold, I believe you're talking about Tomoya Aomori, and he is definitely a great player.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:09 PM
Junior Posting Member

kurt muroki is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to kurt muroki Send a message via MSN to kurt muroki
Default homer mensch memorial concert

Hey Arnold! thanks for the nice words and thanks so much for being there!!! it was such an honor to have you there. yeah tomoya is amazing. I like his percussion playing just as much or even more than his double bass playing!!!! what an amazing talent... oh and he also arranged the barber adagio. I think his teachers Al Laszlo and Danny Druckman
(danny said that tomoya is his best student) are both great. Hey so I have pictures of the rehearsal etc on the website www.homermensch.com I'll post the program as a picture on the website also later today. thanks,

kurt