View Single Post
Old 04-24-2007, 10:32 AM
Senior Posting Member

Tim Bishop is on a distinguished road
Cool From Post #31 of this thread....

Well, when it comes to bass, you can NEVER have enough headroom!

I currently use my Eden WT-550 as a DI (no cab; don't need it; will explain later). IMO, this gives the Sound-man all he needs for bass (post EQ) and with us being on Avioms and fitted in-ears, keeps the stage volume controlled.

I never thought I would be able to break away from my on-stage rig, however, with a little work, I have grown to adapt to the in-ears and the convenience you get with Avioms: I love mixing what I want to hear in my ear and not having to fight to get the attention of the Sound-man to attend to what I need in the mix. More importantly, I love not having to carry all that weight with the "big rig".

Now, don't get me wrong, where the convenience of Avioms, great sound system, a Sound-man with an ear, etc. are not available, my newest favorite rig is my QSC PLX3602 w/Alembic F2-B Pre-amp and whatever Eden Cabs I choose for the venue.

The PLX3602 bridged into 4 ohms has an output of 3600W . While I may never use all that power, I will have all the headroom I'll ever need and oh my, by far my favorite rig set-up!!! I've yet to hear anything that compares!

I've played through many rigs and I still love my Eden rigs (among others), however, "can't touch this"!

Last edited by Tim Bishop; 04-24-2007 at 10:48 AM.