Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB)

Go Back   Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB) > Double Basses > Double Bass Talk in General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2009, 01:28 AM
Junior Posting Member

james zauner is on a distinguished road
Default mystery bass?

I posted this on TB a few days ago and they referred me to here, so here it goes:

well, I got this bass a few months ago, and I took it in to a few places but i have got a huge range of ideas on who made it. There is a label inside that says guadagnini, but obviously thats not correct. I will post a few pics of the bass on here. it is a very large bass (notice how high the bridge is sitting in relation to the f holes. Somehow with the high bridge, it still plays great, is loud, with an incredible tone, and a powerful low end. here are the dimensions:

Body length: 47 1/2"
Upper bout: 22 1/4"
Center bout: 15 1/2"
Lower bout: 29 3/4"

pics are too big to put on here, so go to http://s597.photobucket.com/albums/tt52/italianbass/

thanks guys!

Yes, I realize that the bridge is really high up. that was how it was when I got the instrument, and it plays fine. no sign of the top sinking or anything.

Somehow it is still a D neck, and normal string length. it is rather comfortable to play on, even in the highest positions, and harmonics. It is a wonderful bass, with a huge sound that moves the air in the room. What do you think about who would have made it from your past experience? and just out of curiosity, what size would you say it was? thanks in advance for your help